Suggestion For New Campground Review Section

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Critters n Me, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Critters n Me

Critters n Me
    Expand Collapse

[SIZE=12pt]Hi :D As you can probably tell by my 'moniker' I'm a pet lover!!! As a new to fulltime RV'ing, I absolutely love this site!!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I was thinking, after reading many many campground reviews, that it might be a neat idea to have something about "Pet Friendly-ness" as part of the review form!!! Both for those of us travelling with critters, and folks who don't want to have to deal with the leashed RV set!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Maybe something like:[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]off leash area[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]waste disposal bags[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]restriction on pet size/breed etc[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]general dog walking area[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]I imagine changing the forms is a PIA....but I do believe this would be good for a large majority of RV'ers, both furry and not!![/SIZE]

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Critters n Me @ Apr 24 2008, 11:15 AM) [snapback]11320[/snapback]

[SIZE=12pt]Hi :D As you can probably tell by my 'moniker' I'm a pet lover!!! As a new to fulltime RV'ing, I absolutely love this site!!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I was thinking, after reading many many campground reviews, that it might be a neat idea to have something about "Pet Friendly-ness" as part of the review form!!! Both for those of us travelling with critters, and folks who don't want to have to deal with the leashed RV set!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I imagine changing the forms is a PIA....but I do believe this would be good for a large majority of RV'ers, both furry and not!![/SIZE]

Depends on whether Webmaster can add this change. Also, just because a park "allowed" pets doesn't mean it's "pet friendly." I have been to parks that "allowed" pets but didn't have the special pet washing areas, dog washing areas, etc. I have never seen a park specifically BAN pets, but I have seen parks say "no dogs bigger than X...." If you keep your pet in the RV, they would never know!

JJ

3. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Critters n Me @ Apr 24 2008, 11:15 AM) [snapback]11320[/snapback]

We never travel anywhere without the girls. I always look at the reviews and see if something is mentioned. I try to mention what the pet are was like in my review. We have stayed in some real nice places where they said pet friendly, turned out to be two 20'x20' chainlink areas with pea gravel. That's not pet friendly, and then charge me a couple of bucks for it. When I make reservations I have been specifically asking about their area. We have found 2 places here in Ca. that have great pet areas, 1 in Stockton, theirs looks like a championship dog course and 1 in Redding that has a small lake in the pet area for them to swim. This is what we look for, BTW the girls are 2 in my opinion beautiful yellow labs.

Just my opinion,