Suggestions For Hanging Wooden Sign

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DFF, Jan 9, 2007.

1. DFF

DFF
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

As you can see we are Newbies, we have already gotten some valuable information from the site. We received a wooden sign with our names, etc. for Christmas. We have one of the retractable awnings on our motorhome so we can't display it there. We would really like to display it on a post in the ground at our site. Any suggestions on where to obtain a post, etc. to hang it from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Diane

2. Tray17

Tray17
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DFF @ Jan 9 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]5745[/snapback]

Hello,

As you can see we are Newbies, we have already gotten some valuable information from the site. We received a wooden sign with our names, etc. for Christmas. We have one of the retractable awnings on our motorhome so we can't display it there. We would really like to display it on a post in the ground at our site. Any suggestions on where to obtain a post, etc. to hang it from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Diane

I have seen homemade ones as well as people using the small shepards hooks. The small hooks are easier to store. We hang our from a clip on our awning since it is usually extended the length of our stay. Just some suggestions :)

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't know how big your sign is, or how big of a pole you had in mind, or if this suggestion will even work, but here goes. What if you got a bucket with a lid (like a paint bucket), and then cut a hole in the lid just big enough to fit your pole. Put your pole in the bucket and fill it with rocks and/or sand. Slip the lid over the top of the pole and slide it down to the top of the bucket. The rocks and sand would hold a pole upright, and then you could hang the sign on the pole with a nail or hook. Again if the sign is not too big you might purchase a walking stick to use as the pole. Maybe all of this would not be too big or too heavy to carry around with you. This may not work at all, but I did see a similar set up to hold solar patio lights that were on a stake. They were put in a coffee can with rocks and sand to anchor them, and then they were set out near the RV steps and around the campsite. You could paint the bucket, or you could leave off the lid and put artificial (or real) flowers and greenery in the top of the bucket to make it more attractive. Just an idea and hope you find a solution.

4. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

you might look in someplace like lowes or home depot for one of the hooks that they use for hanging baskets. we have one that has a hook on one end and a screw clamp on the other so that you can hang it of any place that the hook will fit. might be on one of the suports for the awning. it should work if the awing is up or down. we have one that we hang our hummingbird feeder off the porch rail. works great.

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Welcome I had a custum made sign made while on vacation this past summer and I had the same problem. What I found was the small garden flag holder It's kind of shaped like a "L" but upside down. I found mine Wal-Mart in the garden area. I just got some chain cut to the length I wanted and added small hooks. And It works for me. You should be able to find these at Lowes home depots, wal-marts....etc If you find the big decortive flags look near them and you should find small garden flags and the small flag holder. Good Luck And Happy Trails :D