Suggestions For Travel Blogs?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by kjb3stop, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kjb3stop

kjb3stop
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

We are from Australia and will be RV'ing from LA to Nashville in March / April. Friends and family want to keep track of our travels (where we are and what are we doing)

We welcome suggestions as to what people are using to write their Blogs. Obviously we could just email our daily stories to our contacts or update Facebook but I assume there must be some sites which are more specialized for this type of thing.

Any suggestions or experiences are welcome.

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

Try blogger. They do pretty well.

God bless,

John

3. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We used the blog associated with the Good Sam Club last spring for our trip from Maine to California and back. We were very satisfied with it. It handled a lot of pictures; allowed for a reasonable amount of text; provided an updated map of our progress; and notified family and friends whenever we updated and added more pictures. As I recall, it cost about $14/month.

You can check out the format at www.mytripjournal.com/dilsea

Good luck and Happy Travels

4. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Jan 2 2010, 02:03 PM) [snapback]20535[/snapback]

We used the blog associated with the Good Sam Club last spring for our trip from Maine to California and back. We were very satisfied with it. It handled a lot of pictures; allowed for a reasonable amount of text; provided an updated map of our progress; and notified family and friends whenever we updated and added more pictures. As I recall, it cost about $14/month.

You can check out the format at www.mytripjournal.com/dilsea

Good luck and Happy Travels

Don,

That is a whole lot to pay for a blog. I have never paid anything, ever, for a blog. Good Sam must be wanting to make some extra on it. It is kinda a racket, when places like blogger are free.

FWIW

God bless,

John

5. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John316 @ Jan 2 2010, 06:27 PM) [snapback]20537[/snapback]

Don,

That is a whole lot to pay for a blog. I have never paid anything, ever, for a blog. Good Sam must be wanting to make some extra on it. It is kinda a racket, when places like blogger are free.

FWIW

God bless,

John

John: Thanks for the tip on free Blogging. I just did a quick review of their web site and it sounds good. The Good Sam one was free for the 1st month, and then $14 for each additional month you wanted to add pictures. We paid for just 2 additional months and then let our active membership lapse. They keep your blog available once you go inactive, but you can't make any changes/additions after that.

If Blogging is indeed free, then it is obviously a much better deal. Is there any limit to the # of pictures one can post? I read through some (not all) of their material and found no statement relevant to that.

There is no question that the GoodSam Club wants to make $$$ however they can.

6. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

7. Consuelo Heath

Consuelo Heath
    Expand Collapse

Definitely recommend Google's Blogger - free, pretty easy to use. offers good gadgets, etc.

BTW, I live in east Tennessee and it's beautiful! I hope you enjoy your trip!

8. witherig

witherig
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Consuelo Heath @ Jan 24 2010, 04:00 PM) [snapback]20743[/snapback]

Definitely recommend Google's Blogger - free, pretty easy to use. offers good gadgets, etc.

BTW, I live in east Tennessee and it's beautiful! I hope you enjoy your trip!

hello.
    i agree i set up with google it was easy and looking forward to blogging in june when we go to yellowstone. thanks for the info. :D

9. Sunny_0ne

Sunny_0ne
    Expand Collapse

I just started using wordpress.com for free blogging. You have a wide choice of themes/templates that make creating an attractive site easy and intuitive.

It's the best way I've found to keep my family up to date on where I go and what I see.

Good luck and happy travels!

10. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

11. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have our own domain and have it hosted through Yahoo. Don't know max bites I can have, but we nearing 2 gig with over 5,000 photos. The software (Yahoo sitebuilder) is free and for the $11.95 a month we get the domain renewed daily. They have good support and this is an easy way to get started. It cost $140 a year and we get a whole lots more enjoyment out of it than that. We have a list of about 25 folks we update via email and link.