Things To Do In Minn

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Mounties, May 7, 2006.

1. Mounties

Mounties
    Expand Collapse

We are planning a trip to Minnesota in June. What are the must sees and dos in MN?

We don't fish. We enjoy quiet time an relaxing at the RV site.

2. aMazin

aMazin
    Expand Collapse

after 2 days and no answer to your question...must not be much to do in Minnesota. I guess I'll scratch the state off my list of places to go. :p

Ok, just kidding.

I'v e never been there but here's where you can start looking to see what may interest you.

It's the explore Minnesota website. http://www.exploreminnesota.com/ Hope that helps to at least give you a start.

3. Gezzer

Gezzer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mounties @ May 7 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]4121[/snapback]

We are planning a trip to Minnesota in June. What are the must sees and dos in MN?

We don't fish. We enjoy quiet time an relaxing at the RV site.

What part of MN are you planning to visit? MN is a large state, my favorite part of the state is the North Shore - from Duluth to the Canadian border. Lots of state parks, hiking, canoing, sea kayaking on Lake Superior, mountain biking, site seeing, Minneapolis has the Mall of America. Several very nice CG's along the North Shore - Two Harbors and Grand Marais both have nice munipal CG's.

It all depends on what you want to do and where you want to go in MN. Go to the web site in the above post, you should get a lot of good ideas.

Depending on the time of the year you want to visit and the location, the gnats, mosquitos and no seeums can be ugly.

4. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

:p Hey. Don't knock Minnesota before you go there! It is a beautiful state with vast forests and over 11,000 lakes. Most of which you can water ski, wind surf, swim, just about any kind of water activity. Don't like water--try visiting some of historic sites such at Ft. Snelling, Pipestone State Park along with the Hiawatha Pagent. Of course, the Cities of Minneapolis, St Paul, Duluth have numerous theaters, historic museums, the world class Walker Art Center. The drive south along the Mississippi River will make the fall the colors in New England look pale! There are many lovely small towns along the River, with plenty of wonderful and fun things to do. Did you know that Lake City, MN is where water skiing was invented? Minnesota has more golf courses per capita than any other state! Venture to the north and find virgin forests and clear clean streams and many campgrounds--State Parks, National Forest Campgrounds, Corp of Engineers Camping area. Most are first class and of course thousands of private parks! Try walking on the Bog Walk in the largest perserved Bog Area in North America! I haven't even mentioned the vast farmlands of the western side of the state or the Boundary Waters between MN and Canada. Yes, I live in Minnesota and am a California transplant whose family came for a visit and never left! Yea, the bugs can be bad, but no place in perfect!

5. Gezzer

Gezzer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stonybirch @ May 18 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]4250[/snapback]

:p Hey. Don't knock Minnesota before you go there! It is a beautiful state with vast forests and over 11,000 lakes. Most of which you can water ski, wind surf, swim, just about any kind of water activity. Don't like water--try visiting some of historic sites such at Ft. Snelling, Pipestone State Park along with the Hiawatha Pagent. Of course, the Cities of Minneapolis, St Paul, Duluth have numerous theaters, historic museums, the world class Walker Art Center. The drive south along the Mississippi River will make the fall the colors in New England look pale! There are many lovely small towns along the River, with plenty of wonderful and fun things to do. Did you know that Lake City, MN is where water skiing was invented? Minnesota has more golf courses per capita than any other state! Venture to the north and find virgin forests and clear clean streams and many campgrounds--State Parks, National Forest Campgrounds, Corp of Engineers Camping area. Most are first class and of course thousands of private parks! Try walking on the Bog Walk in the largest perserved Bog Area in North America! I haven't even mentioned the vast farmlands of the western side of the state or the Boundary Waters between MN and Canada. Yes, I live in Minnesota and am a California transplant whose family came for a visit and never left! Yea, the bugs can be bad, but no place in perfect!

NOT knocking MN - have lived in MN and WI for the last 45 years, just don't like all of the bugs.

6. Sverlinde

Sverlinde
    Expand Collapse

The B) Mall of America is a favorite

7. cakehead

cakehead
    Expand Collapse

Although my favorite is Hwy 61 between Duluth and Thunder Bay with something to stop for at every turn. Hwy 53 between Duluth and Int'l Falls is well worth the trip, the Iron Range being full of History. Bemidji and Brainerd Lakes areas are nice. Twin Cities full of attractions for all ages and stripes. St Croix river valley good. A word of caution...RESERVATIONS ARE A MUST in July and August.