This Park Shows No "review" We Are Seeking Information

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gray ghost, Feb 22, 2008.

1. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

Howdy, We are new to the board and hope I can check on a camp site like this.
    I have checked the Reviews and find nothing listed for Sleepy Valley Ranch Resort in Mission Texas.
    We are heading that way in March and would like to know if any one has been there and what it's like. I've been on the web site and it looks great, but I have found some web sites that look a lot different from the actual site. I'm sure you've been there. :blink:
    We would appreciate any information you have.
    Thank you and we are having a ball roaming around the RV park reviews site.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

There are a couple "other" rv park review sites, I checked those, didn't find a review there, either. I guess you are going to have to "Blaze the trail" and post the first review when you stay there!

Or maybe someone has been there.....

JJ

3. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Feb 22 2008, 06:37 PM) [snapback]10362[/snapback]

There are a couple "other" rv park review sites, I checked those, didn't find a review there, either. I guess you are going to have to "Blaze the trail" and post the first review when you stay there!

Or maybe someone has been there.....

JJ

Thanks for your reply DXSMac. Hope someone has been there. If not we will post a review when we get there.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello Greyghost and welcome aboard!

DXSMac is right, we have a couple Texan sages who frequent this forum, and have been very helpful. :D
    Mission is down by McAllen...right? Sometimes campgrounds/RV parks are listed under neighboring towns/cities. I'll post and go digging into couple other resources.
    Cheers!

5. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Feb 23 2008, 11:26 AM) [snapback]10368[/snapback]

Hello Greyghost and welcome aboard!

DXSMac is right, we have a couple Texan sages who frequent this forum, and have been very helpful. :D
    Mission is down by McAllen...right? Sometimes campgrounds/RV parks are listed under neighboring towns/cities. I'll post and go digging into couple other resources.
    Cheers!

Thank you FosterImposters,
    I'll be watching. :)

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't know if I am one of the Texas "sages" that FosterImposters referred to, but either way I thought I'd jump in. Unfortunately I do not know anything about RV parks in the Valley (that is what we call the area on the south tip of the state). We did live there about 35 years ago, but things would have changed so much since then. Even back then there were a lot of beautiful parks and lots of people came there during the winter. I'm sure that hasn't changed. The area itself is very pretty--kind of tropical with lots of citrus fruit orchards. In fact when we were there many RV parks were in the orchards. South Padre Island and the Gulf of Mexico are just a few miles away, and there are several towns where you can cross into Mexico.

I don't know if you've see it, but there is a web site for the park you're inquiring about. It is www.sleepyvalleyranch.com. The pictures on its web pages look pretty, and they list lots of activities, but that's all I know about it. Its site map indicates that it is a very large park, and I'm sure it caters to those who spend the winter there. Usually our winter friends don't start leaving for home until around April, so if you're going there in March it would probably be a good idea to check ahead to see if they have space. If they don't there are many more places to choose from. Good luck and travel safe.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Feb 23 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]10374[/snapback]

I don't know if I am one of the Texas "sages"

:lol: Of course you are! Dug out the 2007 Trailer Life. Sleepy Valley Resort has an ad and directions...but didn't get rated...sorry.
    Wow: Texasrvers is right. Quite a few RV parks and resorts in that corner of the state! Hope you can speak Canadian... Eh?
    Canadian gang here in Hemet, California have been teaching us...also trying to convince us to travel along when everyone begins their homeward migration.
    Cheers!
    B)

8. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:D

Hi,

I'm from Texas, but I don't think I am one of the sages. I have had a brush or two with the sages on this site, so I think I am a "Sage Brush." I have not heard of that particular park, but if they have an ad in Trailer Life, but no review, that means they are a new park. Mission is in the Rio Grande Valley, referred to as "The Valley" in Texas, a very popular area for Winter Texans (the PC term for Snowbirds). March and April is the time that most of the Winter residents begin to leave the valley for their yearly migration back North, and some of the Parks close for the Summer or at least have seasonally reduced rates.

In March and April, the Texas Hill Country, which extends in an arc from about 100 miles WNW of San Antonio to just West of the Austin area, has some beautiful RV Parks with great scenery, beautiful weather, and crystal clear spring fed rivers. I will not recommend a particular park, that is for the true Sages. Wherever you decide to visit, I hope you will enjoy some great Texas hospitality.

Doug

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

If a campground/park/resort does not show a posting, a few reasons maybe,
    1) the business is new
    2) no one has taken the time to review it

If the business has a website and does not have a posted review, that seems strange.....

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

"I think I am a "Sage Brush."

Good one, Doug. And because of all the information you have provided here (liked or not by some), I would certainly consider you a sage.

11. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

:) Thank you for the information. We have the 2008 trailer life directory and I found the Sleepy Valley Resort entry. Some friends sent us the URL and it looks good. But like I mentioned above, sometimes we've found the web site pictures and the site general info different from the actual site.
    We will be there in March and I'll be sure put a review on here so others will have an idea of what to expect if they care to visit.
    Thanks again all and I'll no doubt will see ya somewhere else on the forum. ^_^
    Gray Ghost aka: George