Ticket

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Florida Native, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We were recently camping at Lake Altona in NW Georgia and got a bogus ticket from Officer Bubba from Emerson, GA South of Cartersville. It was a setup to say the least and I would like for other campers to know about this place. How can I get this information out other than doing it here? This town has 1200 residents and 9 cops writting 400 tickets a month.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Lindsay,

Please add town of Lawtey, FL and Waldo, FL to your list of speed trap towns. Two towns are on Hwy 301 one north and other south of Starke, FL. Lawtey is top dog and people have put up bill boards on 301 so other people will not get picked off in this place. Number of other small towns on 301 also bad to trap you. The truck drivers call out information on CB channel 19 over places they have set up traps at. :angry:

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I'll add Sevierville, TN to the list. They must not have any other crime going on if they can afford to have speed traps set up 24/7. :rolleyes:

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

What makes me mad was that I wasn't speeding or weaving or doing anything wrong. It was a setup with orange drums. It was made to direct you into breaking the law unknowingly. The cop was very nasty right off the bat also. This little nothing town without a town's website has an automatic paymet system or credit or debit cards online. I read on the internet that they fired all the cops and chief about 3 years ago, but it has started up again. I was lucky on the $89 I guess. The speeders on I 75 were charged $400. It is 5 miles of nothing from the town limits to the town. This is organized and sanctioned theft.

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I just added a review on the campground and included the info about the ticket trap. Hope it gets posted. I have about 50 places now I could review from our recent 3 month trip, but have held off due to the problems in getting them posted.

6. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

For all of you that know of a speed trap area, there is a web site to report it and have it posted very similar to the reviews here. You can also check to see if your planned route is going to take you through one of these areas.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

7. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Browzin @ Oct 13 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]8649[/snapback]

For all of you that know of a speed trap area, there is a web site to report it and have it posted very similar to the reviews here. You can also check to see if your planned route is going to take you through one of these areas.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

Thanks for the heads up. Nice site