"timed Out"

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by DennisO, Aug 7, 2010.

1. DennisO

DennisO
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes when I type up a review and send nothing happens it just goes back to previous page and my review dissapears. I sometimes take a long time carefully wording my review and I think it "times out" but does not warn me of this. Does anyone know if this is the case?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

DennisO,

I am not aware of a time out feature, but I suppose it is possible. I do know that if you have left information out of the review checklist, the system will take you back to the last page so that it can be added. However, I did not think this would cause you to lose your review.

I have lost posts (not reviews) on occasion, but I think it was due to "operator error" so I learned to copy my comments every so often and especially just before I hit send. That way if something happened I could paste it back in and not have to start over. I also sometimes compose in Word and copy and paste to the comments box. You might try that and also be sure you fill out all the info in the review form so that the system won't kick you back.

Hope this helps.

3. DennisO

DennisO
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 7 2010, 11:49 PM) [snapback]23377[/snapback]

DennisO,

I am not aware of a time out feature, but I suppose it is possible. I do know that if you have left information out of the review checklist, the system will take you back to the last page so that it can be added. However, I did not think this would cause you to lose your review.

I have lost posts (not reviews) on occasion, but I think it was due to "operator error" so I learned to copy my comments every so often and especially just before I hit send. That way if something happened I could paste it back in and not have to start over. I also I sometimes compose in Word and copy and paste to the comments box. You might try that and also be sure you fill out all the info in the review form so that the system won't kick you back.

Hope this helps.

4. DennisO

DennisO
    Expand Collapse

Ok Thanks Tex for quick response, But I'm pretty sure about it timeing out. Its happened more than once. I also found out like you said if you forget something it takes you back to previous page. I found this out by trying to put $0 in amount it comes up an error but I didn't loose my preview on that.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

DennisO

One more place to work on reviews is in your e-mail system. You can take all the time you need plus you have a great spell check system. Then copy the comments and move it over. I do this all the time. You can do this off line as well. One more nice trick it you can save it as a draft copy and work on review at a later date if you need to. We always miss some small item in the review and this trick cut that down to zero.

6. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

If you are using wifi in a RV park they can be really slow at times and time you out. I have been in parks where the screen comes up timed out because of the slow wifi.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello DennisO and welcome aboard! B)

Yep. I used to get 'timed out' all the time. Generally, was scrambling to check some detail I wanted to include, get it all perfect and when I hit the submit button, POOF/argh!

I just figured it was my air-card connection, am convinced large birds and strong breezes disrupt things. :lol:

Now compose my thoughts (I use an e-mail to self, as do not have Word on this laptop), then just copy/paste. Works like a charm.

8. Trailer Park Casanova

Trailer Park Casanova
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps type it up on word pad/notepad then high lite, right click it, copy and then paste it on your review.

You ISP might be timing you out.

9. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I just type what I want to say, right click and copy and then hit send. If it disappears I just bring the topic back up and right click and paste.