Tom's Cove in Chincoteague

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jpharris517, Aug 29, 2004.

1. jpharris517

jpharris517
    Expand Collapse

CHINCOTEAGUE, Va.- A local campground is still reeling after heavy rains over the weekend.

Tom's Cove in Chincoteague was shut down by the health department on Monday. Health officials say high water created sewage leaks and other safety concerns. The state is working with the campground to improve drainage.

Campground officials say they do not know when the park will reopen.

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe it's taken this long for them to be shut down!

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Tom's Cove 35 YEARS ago, and it was an abssolute dump then. In reality, the only people who can truly shut down a cesspool like this are us, the campers and RVers, and this site helps do it.

4. gloriad

gloriad
    Expand Collapse

We stayed there last year in our 5th wheel and gave it a horrible review. I am the one that rated it below 1! I e-mailed the campground and told them to look at the review I gave them and they sent me all of my money back. I would think that for health reasons, you could demand a refund. If only people would really look at these reviews before they book reservations, it might save them some heartache. We stayed 2 out of 3 nights and left because there was so much water around our campground and mosquitos that it was not anyway you could cook out or do anything outside. That place should have been closed years ago, it is a real dump. We couldn't dump our sewage as the system was full as usual. If you weren't able to use the facilities in a hotel, you could demand your money back and I don't see why you can't with this campground. If I paid 2 weeks in advance and had to leave early because of unsanitary conditions, I would take them to court to get my money back.