Tow Car & Scooters

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jgunyou, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jgunyou

jgunyou
    Expand Collapse

We have a class A diesel pusher that can tow a tank, but need some advice on how to tow both a car and motor scooters. Been using a center hitch motorcycle carrier that carries our two scooters off teh ground parallel to the rear of the coach. We'd like to get a four wheel down tow bar, but would also like to still take along our scooters. Option 1: we could add a ball hitch out the rear of the motorcycle carrier for the car tow bar. Option 2: we could add the car tow bar to the motor home ball hitch, and then mount the motorcycle carrier on the rear of the car on its ball hitch. Do either work? One better than the other?

2. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jgunyou @ Apr 24 2010, 07:56 PM) [snapback]21758[/snapback]

We have a class A diesel pusher that can tow a tank, but need some advice on how to tow both a car and motor scooters. Been using a center hitch motorcycle carrier that carries our two scooters off teh ground parallel to the rear of the coach. We'd like to get a four wheel down tow bar, but would also like to still take along our scooters. Option 1: we could add a ball hitch out the rear of the motorcycle carrier for the car tow bar. Option 2: we could add the car tow bar to the motor home ball hitch, and then mount the motorcycle carrier on the rear of the car on its ball hitch. Do either work? One better than the other?

You could use a pickup for a toad and carry the scooters in that.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I saw a HUGE class A once outfitted with solar panels, satellite, and was:

Towing a HUMMER

And

Had motorcycles on some type of "lift" thingie. I have no idea what the "lift" thingie was....

JJ

4. jgunyou

jgunyou
    Expand Collapse

was the lift thingie attached to the back of the towed Hummer? or was it attached to the RV, with the Hummer behind the lift thingie?

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 25 2010, 12:18 PM) [snapback]21768[/snapback]

I saw a HUGE class A once outfitted with solar panels, satellite, and was:

Towing a HUMMER

And

Had motorcycles on some type of "lift" thingie. I have no idea what the "lift" thingie was....

JJ

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

The "lift thingie" was attached to the RV with the Hummer being towed also behind the RV. That is what astounded me. If the lift thingie had been behind on the Hummer, ok, I could see that, but I don't know HOW they got both the lift thingie and the Hummer attached to the RV bumper.

I should have asked them if I could take a picture. When I saw it, I thought to myself, "Some people just gotta have their toys." :eek: Ok, I was jealous........

6. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 26 2010, 02:33 PM) [snapback]21786[/snapback]

The "lift thingie" was attached to the RV with the Hummer being towed also behind the RV.

If you don't know the correct jargon, you shouldn't be posting.

The correct term is "liftie-ma-bob" :D

7. jgunyou

jgunyou
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jgunyou @ Apr 25 2010, 04:11 PM) [snapback]21770[/snapback]

was the lift thingie attached to the back of the towed Hummer? or was it attached to the RV, with the Hummer behind the lift thingie?

thanks!