Trailer Leaning To The Left

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mastercraft, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I have a Newmar Cypress 5th wheel. It has a mor ryde suspension and it leans approx 3 inches to the road side where the slides are. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do about it. I had the dealer contact Newmar and they said it was out of warrenty. I trailer is only 20 months old. Any help is greatly appreciated since I do not think this is normal.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

mastercraft,

Did you look at the springs? The weight of a side outs will not help springs. You may have one that is weak due to the added weight and movement up and down as you travel down the road. Also take 5th to the scales and weight each side, if someone has wheel scales. The large truck scales will not help. A lot more weight on one side could bend a spring out of shape. You can also jack up frame and check spring height on each side with wheels off ground to see if you see a change from side to side. Only jack up one side at the time and use a good jack, be careful. Last item would be a good spring shop or truck shop that works in truck springs. Check phone book, Atlanta should have a number of places to do this work.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

I would contact Newmar, and or Mor Ryde directly without the dealer being involved. That way you are hearing their answer first hand and you can relate the problem strictly to them and answer any questions. If you do not get an answer, to your best interest, I would contact "Motorhome" magazine about the situation and ask them to intervene on your behalf with all the parties involved. Their success rate is good.

4. ddbradley952

ddbradley952
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Nov 16 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]9161[/snapback]

I have a Newmar Cypress 5th wheel. It has a mor ryde suspension and it leans approx 3 inches to the road side where the slides are. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do about it. I had the dealer contact Newmar and they said it was out of warrenty. I trailer is only 20 months old. Any help is greatly appreciated since I do not think this is normal.

If I sit on the left, it leans to the left. If I sit on the right, it leans to the right. Guess I'm just a "Big girl".