Traveling From Cannon Beach To Bend Oregon

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by blondeegal, Sep 25, 2011.

1. blondeegal

blondeegal
    Expand Collapse

I have searched the comments on RV Park Reviews and the Woodall's Book until I am blue and am thoroughly confused about where to camp for a couple of days on the way and also when we get to the Bend area. Any suggestions?

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

It would help prospective advisors if you would tell us what route you are taking to go from Cannon Beach to Bend. The two simplest are: 1) US101 south to Newport and then US20 east all the way to Bend and 2) US26 east to I5 south to Oregon 22 east or US20 east to Bend. There are numerous other route combinations and literally dozens of good RV parks and campground along any route you chose - especially before you start going East of I5. By that point you are only hours from Bend.

Additionally, it would help if you would indicate what kind of parks you are looking for : rustic campgrounds, basic hookups, all the whistles and bells, etc.??? With all the different kinds of parks available between CB and Bend, only you know what kind is what you are looking for. Even if you do not get any specific recommendations in response to your query, the reviews on this site should give you as much information as any personal advice in this forum.

Good Luck and enjoy.

3. SteveE

SteveE
    Expand Collapse

Depending on your interests, and where you would like to be in the Bend area, there are numerous options. Close to Bend (~3 miles NW) is Tumalo State Park. It's a very nice State Park (Google Oregon State Parks for information on this and other State Parks in Oregon) that I would be happy to stay at - if I didn't live about 3 miles away from it. Out by Sisters, there is a city park, Forest Service C.G.s', as well as some really nice dispersion (free) camping. If you want to be up in the Cascades along the Cascade Lakes Hwy, there are many Forest Service C.G.'s up there as well. East of Bend, there is plenty of dispersion camping. South of Sunriver, there is LaPine State Park or up at Newberry National Monument. There is also many private C.G.'s to choose from.

In-route will depend on your route. It is an easy day's drive - by whatever route you choose, but if you want to drag your heals a bit, I would suggest staying at a Forest Service C.G. up in the coast range and/or in the Cascades. Many options, again depending on your route and ability to stay at these type of campgrounds.

I am sure there are plenty of private C.G.'s between here and Cannon Beach as well. However, I tend to go for Forest Service or State Parks (or dispersion) camping, so I don't have any familiarity with them.

Good luck and safe travels,
    Steve

QUOTE(blondeegal @ Sep 25 2011, 04:49 AM) [snapback]27684[/snapback]

I have searched the comments on RV Park Reviews and the Woodall's Book until I am blue and am thoroughly confused about where to camp for a couple of days on the way and also when we get to the Bend area. Any suggestions?