Travelling To Unknown Destination

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Galli, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

OK, let me now pick on the forum’s knowledge, I am a Canadian from Ottawa and looking on the world map we (wife and I) noted a place in Micronesia, the city (if it can be called with such a word) is KIRIBATI.
    I was perusing via Internet and there are primitive accommodations on the islands, food, local food (fish, bananas, coco.. etc..) which will be suitable for our needs, the only big issue is the air transportation; according to facilities indicated by the internet, I should fly from Ottawa – Los Angeles – Nadi (Fiji) and then to Kiribati and I was quoted about $ 4,500 and plus, per person.
    I have a certain familiarity with the geography and Nadi is far away south, therefore, this trip would make a back hole of a couple of thousands miles.
    However and notwithstanding that, I know there is flights from Ottawa to Honolulu and from there to Kiribati (BUT) it is impossible to find a reasonable airfare.
    Does anyone have knowledge on this sector of the world and he/she is willing to help poor Canadians ???

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I can think of is a good cow shipping company that will carry up to 12 passengers for a small fee. Price is right and you can tour number of islands on the way to and from Canada. Shop around for good prices and dates. If you live near a farm the cows are not that bad on a ship. Have fun!

3. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jun 1 2010, 06:39 PM) [snapback]22351[/snapback]

The only thing I can think of is a good cow shipping company that will carry up to 12 passengers for a small fee. Price is right and you can tour number of islands on the way to and from Canada. Shop around for good prices and dates. If you live near a farm the cows are not that bad on a ship. Have fun!

Ha,ha, ha, and I hope not to forget some aftershave to pacify my wife, yea, I am an animal lover but not at that extend .
    Many years ago we were in Belize doing scuba diving and we lived on a small island , the accommodation !! Well it was a shack risen 3 or 4 feet from the ground because at high tide the ground was wet and a local lady was cooking the local food for us, well, if I can find a similar arrangement in Kiribati, I will surely take it