Trip Planning via the internet

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by beginnings, Aug 11, 2004.

1. beginnings

beginnings
    Expand Collapse

We are planning a trip to Niagra Falls from southern Mass....are there any websites that we can log on to, give the destination and starting point, and receive a list of campgrounds along the way?

Thanks!
    Beth

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Go to the Trailer Life on-line directory, www.tldirectory.com, and click on trip planning about half way down the page on the left side. This site will tell you the best way to get to where you are going, rv parks along the way, restaurants, time to travel, and other features. I would caution you, however, to use RVParkReviews to select your stops and not the Trailer Life rating. It is notoriously incorrect,and you will do better in actually selecting your specific sites with RVParkReviews.

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Aug 11 2004, 02:18 PM)
    Yes. Go to the Trailer Life on-line directory, www.tldirectory.com, and click on trip planning about half way down the page on the left side. This site will tell you the best way to get to where you are going, rv parks along the way, restaurants, time to travel, and other features. I would caution you, however, to use RVParkReviews to select your stops and not the Trailer Life rating. It is notoriously incorrect,and you will do better in actually selecting your specific sites with RVParkReviews.

I went to the site you mentioned to try that out and when I selected route planning, it came up that I could not use that service unless I was a "Gold Member"...and the cost was is like $15.00. Is that what you're referring to or is there something different that you can select for free?

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Sorry. I am a "gold member" and it always comes up on my screen that way. I assumed that all users got this same feature. Anyway, it is well worth paying the small amount for gold member status.

5. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Aug 11 2004, 04:01 PM)
    Sorry. I am a "gold member" and it always comes up on my screen that way. I assumed that all users got this same feature. Anyway, it is well worth paying the small amount for gold member status.

Thanks for the info.

6. beginnings

beginnings
    Expand Collapse

I have found this site to be so helpful that I would check here for "real" reviews rather than a catalog or magazine that has paid advertisements for campgrounds. Thanks for the site info, I will check out the trailer life site right away.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I have the Rand McNally Tripmaker CD. It gives directions and lists campgrounds. They have a website that might do the same thing if you don't want to purchase the CD.

I totally agree with using this site for the reviews!

8. PatJ3

PatJ3
    Expand Collapse

From a campground owner: One word or caution - if the web site you select uses MapQuest - call the campground to be certain of the location. Our location is wrong and has been for several years. I have emailed them to change it, but it never gets done. Happy Travels! :)