Tropical Palms In Kissimmee Fl

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Dinosaur3200, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Dinosaur3200

Dinosaur3200
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking of booking a week around Christmas at Tropical Palms RV resort in Kissimmee Flordia and most of the reviews I have seen online have been positive. The last mention of this park here on the forums is out dated. Has anoyone been there lately?

We wanted to stay at Ft Wilderness but as it is booked we would like to get the next nicest thing. I will be traveling with kids so does any one have any good info on this park?

This is my first posting and thanks in advance from Louisiana!

2. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dinosaur3200 @ Mar 16 2013, 07:42 PM) [snapback]32821[/snapback]

I am thinking of booking a week around Christmas at Tropical Palms RV resort in Kissimmee Flordia and most of the reviews I have seen online have been positive. The last mention of this park here on the forums is out dated. Has anoyone been there lately?

We wanted to stay at Ft Wilderness but as it is booked we would like to get the next nicest thing. I will be traveling with kids so does any one have any good info on this park?

This is my first posting and thanks in advance from Louisiana!

Funny you ask, we stayed there the past two nights. Actually just arrived home after 12 hours in the road. The ladies at the front desk / computer don't seem to know how long the sites are, as the first one we were assigned didn't work for us. The trees can make it a little tight getting a rig through some parts of the park, but it's no worse than Ft Wilderness in that respect. We didn't use the pool, but there were quite a few people in and around it yesterday. I'm probably being overly critical, but I thought the front office either needs a different layout, or the staff need to all get after it. There is a large counter, and then several desks behind it. The counter I think had a checkout at each end. When we arrived one lady was working with a customer at one end of the counter the other end was unoccupied, and then someone else was sitting over at a desk. Several customers were waiting, and only the one lady sitting at the counter was helping customers, thus a line.

In my opinion, if there are customers waiting, the lady at the desk should have been on the counter as well, but perhaps that wasn't in her training or duties. So if she isn't trained or
    can't help customers, then she should be in an office somewhere else rather than in view of
    the waiting customers. The other times I was in the office, there were more staff and better service, but my first impression wasn't what it should have been.

My kids really liked Old Town, it's walking distance from the park, and we spent yesterday afternoon and evening wondering around there. I think my 10 year old road more rides there than at the Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is just our the front drive to the red light and go left an straight until you get there.

Fort Wilderness was booked for us too, and this was a great alternative. I think we will stay at Fort Wilderness next visit, as we plan to do more than one day of Disney, and at least one day with the Dinning plan. (Dinning plan is only available if you stay at Disney Resort, and you must order it 72hour in advance of use.)

Camping World, Wal-Mart, Target, etc... are all nearby, and tons of dining. I'm sure we'll be back to Tropical Palms.

--
    Webmaster
    RV Park Reviews

3. Dinosaur3200

Dinosaur3200
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the quick reply! So aside from the staffing problems in the office would you say that it's a nice park compared to most? They are calling it a "RV Resort" and I was wondering if you think it is indeed resort level. Again, thanks for the information and this site is such a great help!

4. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dinosaur3200 @ Mar 17 2013, 06:04 AM) [snapback]32824[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply! So aside from the staffing problems in the office would you say that it's a nice park compared to most? They are calling it a "RV Resort" and I was wondering if you think it is indeed resort level. Again, thanks for the information and this site is such a great help!

I think in the RV park world it would be considered a resort.

5. Windjammer

Windjammer
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how dated my experience is, we stayed a couple of weeks there last fall. One of our best long term stay parks. Comfortable, clean, quiet, spacious. These are the most important things we valued, the other accoutrements of a "resort" are less important to us.

6. luvmyroo

luvmyroo
    Expand Collapse

I like it okay. It's no where near Ft Wilderness level, IMHO, but it's in the middle of the action and it's convenient. There is a Thousand Trails CG near this area that is quite nice. I have also heard there is a nice KOA on 192 but haven't had an opportunity to check it out.

There is a FROG rally there this weekend so I will report back if there are any major changes.