Trouble Posting Review

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Joe-n-Doe, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else besides me having trouble posting a review?

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Have not posted for a while (sitting out the winter)...however when I click on the line "this person has posted 12 other reviews..." for myself, I only get one review. :huh:

3. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Joe-n-Doe @ Feb 15 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]10280[/snapback]

Anyone else besides me having trouble posting a review?

I don't know if others are having trouble posting reviews, but there are reviews coming in, so the system is working. What type of problems are you having, what web browser are you using?

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Feb 15 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]10281[/snapback]

Have not posted for a while (sitting out the winter)...however when I click on the line "this person has posted 12 other reviews..." for myself, I only get one review. :huh:

I found another bug in this code, and it is fixed so all your reviews show up now.

I also found that review counts aren't updated across the site when a user posts a new review, so counts on a users recent reviews, may not always be the same as the counts on his older reviews. Eventually they will get synced when the pages the older reviews are on are re-generated.

4. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Feb 15 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]10285[/snapback]

I don't know if others are having trouble posting reviews, but there are reviews coming in, so the system is working. What type of problems are you having, what web browser are you using?
    I found another bug in this code, and it is fixed so all your reviews show up now.

The system doesn't recognize the month and year selection I make (02--2008)

I am using Mozilla Firefox Google

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Feb 15 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]10285[/snapback]

I also found that review counts aren't updated across the site when a user posts a new review, so counts on a users recent reviews, may not always be the same as the counts on his older reviews. Eventually they will get synced when the pages the older reviews are on are re-generated.

I had noticed that earlier. I read my reviews, and in one place it said "this review...12 reviews" another place had "13 reviews" and another place had "14 reviews" etc. Appears to be fixed now.

Whenever you change one little thing, you usually have to tweak other places.

JJ

6. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering why my review of Mesa Regal RV has not shown up. I posted it about 5 days ago.

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rangiebob @ Feb 18 2008, 09:08 AM) [snapback]10302[/snapback]

I was wondering why my review of Mesa Regal RV has not shown up. I posted it about 5 days ago.

The reviews on here aren't "instant." The Webmaster reviews them and reserves the right to NOT post them (at least that is my understanding....). So, it might take awhile, because, I'm sure the webmaster must read about 1,000 reviews a day......

Every one of mine were eventually posted, I check! (I have about 16 or so.....)

JJ

8. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

I've been noticing a few glitches myself.
    I got dumped out of the review process a few times trying to post my latest review.

From now on I'm going to write the text of my review in MS Word and then copy it into the text box.