Us By Name

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by rv1, Apr 26, 2010.

1. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

I have seen the map of the us by peoples name and shaded out states where they have been. How do you get that? I been looking around site cant find it or I am blind.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

RV1,

Are you looking at the correct web site? The map of the USA has no names next to states. Can you recheck this information?

3. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rv1 @ Apr 26 2010, 06:11 PM) [snapback]21796[/snapback]

I have seen the map of the us by peoples name and shaded out states where they have been. How do you get that? I been looking around site cant find it or I am blind.

I ment your member name on the blogs some of the members have the outline of the us and the state they camped in are shaded.

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Lindsay Richards is one that uses it. Perhaps they will log in soon and can tell you where they found that avatar.

5. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rv1 @ Apr 26 2010, 07:49 PM) [snapback]21799[/snapback]

I ment your member name on the blogs some of the members have the outline of the us and the state they camped in are shaded.

yes I seen it I also saw some others as well I think its cool to show everyone where you have been.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

OK,

Now I know what you are looking for and here it is. Download the map then click on the states you have been in. Cut it down in size to fit this web site. If you need more help let me know.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

It is very simple to do. I have not updated ours after the last trip. We have only 4 states left and plan on leaving in several weeks to finish them. (IA,MN,ND,SD). You can save them as small medium and large. The small is what I have on my signature here and the large one is on my index page of my website. You can also expand or contract with just about any graphics program.

8. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 27 2010, 01:32 PM) [snapback]21817[/snapback]

It is very simple to do. I have not updated ours after the last trip. We have only 4 states left and plan on leaving in several weeks to finish them. (IA,MN,ND,SD). You can save them as small medium and large. The small is what I have on my signature here and the large one is on my index page of my website. You can also expand or contract with just about any graphics program.

Thank you all hey lindsay you forgot ILL to finsh up I dont blame you I live in ILL I wound want to drive around this state to much road work and all our goveners got to jail haha

9. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 27 2010, 01:32 PM) [snapback]21817[/snapback]

I got it thank you boy I got alot to catch up to you.

10. Sunny_0ne

Sunny_0ne
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much for the link to the Visited States Map. I've wanted one of these for a long time, but didn't know how to get one!

11. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 27 2010, 02:32 PM) [snapback]21817[/snapback]

How do I post it under my name?

12. Sunny_0ne

Sunny_0ne
    Expand Collapse

How do I post it under my name?

You will first have to save your map image to your computer, then upload it to the web. Make sure you choose the small size map. Some people upload their photos to free image hosting sites like Flicker or Webshots. I upload them to my own web space.

After your photo is uploaded, copy the URL by right clicking with your mouse.

The go to My Controls (upper right of this page). On the left is a link that says "Edit Signature.

Click on the icon to add a photo. Then paste your URL into the box that appears.

Save your changes, and that is it.

13. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

We left the brag maps behind years ago. We were afraid that once the map was full someone would make us stop traveling and get rid of our RV !

14. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Boy, I hope that is not true as we will complete our last 4 by the end of May (except for HI and AK).

15. Sunny_0ne

Sunny_0ne
    Expand Collapse

Kirk, you old hands give the rest of us something to shoot for. Only I doubt I have enough years left to ever catch up to you! :)

16. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I DARE you to drive your RV to Hawaii.

JJ

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 28 2010, 05:46 PM) [snapback]21843[/snapback]

Boy, I hope that is not true as we will complete our last 4 by the end of May (except for HI and AK).

17. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I think HI will have to wait. After we finish the lower 48, we are thinking we will probably do the Maritime areas of Canada. Looks like that would be a great trip. We have also be thinking of flying to AK, renting an RV for a month and then flying back. We live in Central FL and it is a very long way to AK. I think the gas prices are going to prohibit driving. I really don't have too much desire to go to HI even thought I think it is very pretty. There is so much to do in the US, I won't live long enough to even scratch the surface.

18. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 28 2010, 10:28 PM) [snapback]21847[/snapback]

Oh, I DARE you to drive your RV to Hawaii.

JJ

Tee-hee-hee :p Do you think they will try if you double-dog-dare them?

19. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 29 2010, 10:39 AM) [snapback]21855[/snapback]

I really don't have too much desire to go to HI. There is so much to do in the US,

Gosh, Lindsay, I didn't realize Hawaii had seceded from the union. :D Sorry. I couldn't resist.

20. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Kirk @ Apr 28 2010, 06:24 PM) [snapback]21841[/snapback]
    We left the brag maps behind years ago. We were afraid that once the map was full someone would make us stop traveling and get rid of our RV !

That's only if you follow the rules....LOL really it's your map to fill and do with whatever way you want. Another site I go to people ask about the maps all the time and wonder wht rules there are to fill etc....you must stop and spend the night etc.... others fill when going thru etc hey when I bought my TT the previuos owners had almost every state filled and I left it in there and the family n friends were wondering how I managedto camp in all those states when I had just got the TT....LOL it was alot of fun pulling thier legs until I told them it wasn't our travels yet......