Utah Or Colorado Camping

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Northernmom, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Northernmom

Northernmom
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    We are new to RVing and are considering Lake Powell in Utah or somewhere in Colorado. We have a 2007 Fleetwood Avalon - 21' with a slideout. We are looking for full hookups. We also have 3 young children, so it must be kid friendly. Any suggestion?

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Northernmom @ Dec 8 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]14398[/snapback]

Hello,
    We are new to RVing and are considering Lake Powell in Utah or somewhere in Colorado. We have a 2007 Fleetwood Avalon - 21' with a slideout. We are looking for full hookups. We also have 3 young children, so it must be kid friendly. Any suggestion?

I think the kids would really enjoy Estes Park - Rocky Mountain National Park - in CO. With three YOUNG children you are a little restricted in places to go where they could enjoy and appreciate everything. As the get older, the aperature will widen for the number of places to visit. Lake Powell isn't bad but RMNP might be more enjoyable for all of you right now. Another possibility might be to stay in the Durango, CO area and enjoy what they have to offer (Durango-Silverton train, mountain views/hiking, neat town, etc.).

I personally love the ruggedness of UT, but I'm a little older than your kids.

3. Northernmom

Northernmom
    Expand Collapse

I should clarify the ages of my children, my son is 9, and I have 2 daughters, 7 and 4. My husband is pushing for Lake Powell in Utah because he wants to do some kayaking with us. He is not looking for any class 4 or 5 rivers, but more of a lake setting or a calmer stream that he can take the kids. Hopefully that will help with any suggestions.

4. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Lake Powell is nice if you plan on boating and fishing. Otherwise I would suggest hitting other areas of Utah like the Zion, Bryce are or the Moab area including Arches and Canyonlands. Plenty of RV parks in both areas. Lot of neat places to take the kids site seeing and they can run loose in a lot of them canyon areas and get the steam burned out.