Ute Lake State Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Janjanjan68, May 12, 2006.

1. Janjanjan68

Janjanjan68
    Expand Collapse

There are a couple of reviews on this site of this park, but wonder whether anybody else has been here. We're considering returning from SW Colorado to Nashville via 40 rather than via 70 in late August, and this park shows up on the route. We like public parks with large sites, rustic situations, and we have a 38' MH with toad. Hookups are unimportant, although very convenient when available. Anything to do in the area? I see that there are some NM natives on this forum, so hoping they can provide perspective. On a return trip, we generally stay 1-2 nights unless an area is interesting. Since this park is a bit off the highway, we'd probably stay 2 unless there is something about the area that is very interesting.

2. bear

bear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Janjanjan68 @ May 12 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]4205[/snapback]

There are a couple of reviews on this site of this park, but wonder whether anybody else has been here. We're considering returning from SW Colorado to Nashville via 40 rather than via 70 in late August, and this park shows up on the route. We like public parks with large sites, rustic situations, and we have a 38' MH with toad. Hookups are unimportant, although very convenient when available. Anything to do in the area? I see that there are some NM natives on this forum, so hoping they can provide perspective. On a return trip, we generally stay 1-2 nights unless an area is interesting. Since this park is a bit off the highway, we'd probably stay 2 unless there is something about the area that is very interesting.

janjanjan68

I'm new to this site but not new to rving. My wife and I have been fulltiming now for about three and half years and have had a great time. We are now camped at Lake Side rv park here in Provo, Utal. we are about two blocks from Utal state park. The park is in excellent shape and wish I was parked there myself. Even though Trailor Life and Woodalls both say there are no hookups, they are wrong. All campsites have electric (30 amps ) and water. as well as a dump station. The campsites overlook the lake and surrounded by beautiful mountains. I believe its 17.00 a night and well worth it. It also has a great bike path that is all paved and runs along the provo river. I understand that it goes all the way to bridal falls.I will diffinitely stay here the next time I'm in Utal. I hope this information will help you to plan your trip. If if I can be of any other help please feel free to ask. Happy motoring.