Vacation near Cleveland

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by stanleee, Mar 20, 2005.

1. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Anyone camp in Ohio rec. a site near Cleveland?I need a pool,full hookup and like them clean.Thanks

2. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

Geneva On The Lake
    Campground Name: Indian Creek Camping Resort
    Campground's website: http://www.indiancreekresort.com
    Years visited: 2001, 2003
    Number of sites: 600
    Hookups: Electric: yes 50 AMP: yes Water: yes Sewer: yes
    Cable TV: yes
    Telephone hookup at site: ?
    Modem hookup in office: yes WiFi wireless internet: ?
    Shade trees: yes
    Waterfront sites: yes-lake
    Pull Thru sites: yes
    Big Rig access: yes
    Swimming Pool: yes
    Clean restrooms: yes, yes Clean showers: yes, yes
    Pets allowed: yes
    Tents allowed: yes
    Family type: yes
    Nightly rate $: 32, 38
    All Ratings (1=poor 10=excellent): 10, 9
    Campers comments:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Huge, well maintained park. Restrooms/showers/laundry were particularly impressive - very, very clean and large. Separate adult heated pool. Farones Restaurant/Step Above Lounge on site has very good food at reasonable prices. A best buy is their all you can eat fish fry on Friday nights. Paved streets in front, open area - lots of permanent residents. Rear area has shaded sites and gravel roads. Camp store has plenty of supplies. Reservations needed for full hookup sites. We camped here in 2001.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We stayed overnight here in a pop-up in July of 2003. This is a huge, well maintained park. Most of the sites are seasonal, but some are for short termers. If you make a reservation, you can only get a full hookup site. The water and electric sites are only available on a first come, first served basis. The reserved, full hookup sites are pretty much in the full sun. Many of the other sites are shaded. The restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities are very impressive and clean. There are two pools (one for family and one for adults, both are heated) and a lake for fishing. They also have a nice playground area. We camped here in a Tent Trailer in 2003.

3. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, anyone else?

4. chemgoddess1

chemgoddess1
    Expand Collapse

How close to Cleveland are you wanting? There are a few campgrounds that are near Geauga Lake that are nice but pricey, especially during the summer months. Indian Creek's full hook-up sites are not shaded and are more like a parking lot than a campground. They do have a nice pool and bath houses. You are looking at a good hour drive from there to Cleve.

The three near Geauga Lake are Jellystone (which to me is WAY over priced but I have heard a lot of good things about), Mar-Lyn and Woodside (both in Streetsboro). I believe that Mar-Lyn was just bought out by KOA. Figure 30-40 minutes to Cleve from either of these campgrounds. I was planning on checking out Woodside as I have heard good things about it, but it is only W/E and does not have a pool. Geauga Lake has their own campground which used to be really nice, but from what I have heard, the new owners ran it into the ground.

5. bluedurango

bluedurango
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Yogi Bear Campground in Aurora. It is south of Cleveland. Not too far from Sea World. We really enjoyed it. At that time we had a pop-up. It is a very clean park and has lots of activities for children. I would go back.
    A funny story with this trip however: We went in the middle of June. It happened to get very cold up there. So much we bought sweatshirts at Sea World. It got so cold at night, all of our family slept in the same bed to keep warm. The next day we went looking for heaters. It's next to impossible to find a heater in the middle of June. We finally found one at a farm coop. Everytime we use that heater, that memory always comes up. LOL.

6. travlinrose

travlinrose
    Expand Collapse

There is also a nice park in Milan near Cedar Point. It is a nice park, but be careful in choosing a site that is more level as it is a hilly park with a lot of beautiful trees. They have a pool and shower facilities. It is about a 30 minute drive to Cleveland and maybe 20 to Cedar Point. I think it is called Milan Travel Park. It is right off the turnpike ( I-80) and maybe 3 miles south of Route 2 that runs along the lake to Cleveland.