Vancouver, BC: cg near while we cruise

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by janmcn, Nov 22, 2004.

1. janmcn

janmcn
    Expand Collapse

We'll be taking an Alaska cruise in August and would like suggestions for convenient and safe campgrounds that would be convenient for us to stay at as well as safe to leave the rig unattended at for a week. It would be nice if it was near sightseeing we could do before and after. I have no idea of what "timing" is to get to the cruise terminal, so I don't know what towns would be convenient.
    Thanks..
    jan
    (40' motorhome)

2. Carly

Carly
    Expand Collapse

Vancouver doesn't have that many choices for RV parks. One of the most popular is the Burnaby Cariboo RV Park (800-667-9901) bcrv.com It is a very nice park, very secure, tight spots but our friends were with us last summer and they have a 40' unit and caravan groups use it so you will fit. It is within walking distance of the skytrain (rapid transit) so very easy to get downtown. Of course you would want a taxi or something to take your luggage. We paid $205.00/wk (2 week min)and I don't know what the monthly rate would be or if they have storage options.
    The other park, and it is almost right down town but not close enough to walk is the Capilano RV Park. The cost is the same and the quality is not. We drove through and were NOT impressed. Also, I'm not sure it is in the best neighbourhood.
    There are parks in surrounding towns like Surrey but I know nothing about them. Dogwood says they can arrange cruises so they may also have a way for you to get to the ship and a place to store. Surrey is not far from Burnaby and in a place the size of Vancouver, nothing is close.
    Good luck and Good sailing. I am jealous.