Was -> Koa:wonders Never Cease

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Webmaster, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

I just became aware of the original thread a few minutes ago, and much of the content was about the operation of the site, and had details that I didn't really like being made public. One of the guys that helps me with the sites violated the privacy and anonymity of a site user in the thread, and I thought it best to take it offline. As a user I would find it more offensive for messages to be removed from a thread than the entire thread removed.

Privacy of our users is of great concern to me, I've since removed the ability for admins to view reviews by site username other than when approving a review.

The only other reasons I have ever removed threads are when they contain "adult" words or SPAM. Not that I have problems with adult words, but having them in the content of the website can cause the site to get blocked by "family safe" internet filters.

2. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes:
    Good reminder regarding "family safe" internet filters...tend to forget these things when trying to make a point.
    Realize our Webmaster is busy...but sure is good to have him weigh in periodically. Pleased to learn he'd incorporated a long-time member to assist with the day-to-day editing. Sure makes the final reviews easier to read!
    Thanks to everyone who works on this site!
    B)

4. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Apr 14 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]11199[/snapback]

I just became aware of the original thread a few minutes ago, and much of the content was about the operation of the site, and had details that I didn't really like being made public. One of the guys that helps me with the sites violated the privacy and anonymity of a site user in the thread, and I thought it best to take it offline. As a user I would find it more offensive for messages to be removed from a thread than the entire thread removed.

Privacy of our users is of great concern to me, I've since removed the ability for admins to view reviews by site username other than when approving a review.

The only other reasons I have ever removed threads are when they contain "adult" words or SPAM. Not that I have problems with adult words, but having them in the content of the website can cause the site to get blocked by "family safe" internet filters.

When we write a review and are under the assumption that it is anonymous it's nice to know that we are are being protected. Just because it's a review of an RV park doesn't make it any less than your banking account. Personal privacy is important. Thanks for watching out for us Webmaster.

Just my personal opinion,