Watch Out For Ads

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jubilee32, Aug 25, 2013.

1. jubilee32

jubilee32
    Expand Collapse

This is a bit tongue in cheek but be careful when searching for a campsite in one town and having an ad pop up in the middle of the ratings. I was looking at a KOA site and saw a great site in the center of town pop up and the two ratings below it were 10s. We were ready to start driving so my wife took a look at the site as I gave her the phone number. Just after she entered the number and pressed send, she notice the site was several states away. She hung up.

I have no problem with ads on a free site and appreciate the work this site does. However, when you are on the road and taking a quick stop to find a place, be sure to make sure you don't think you will be going someplace you want to. When I clicked the ad, the resulting site had no reference their town on the page. I was in a hurry.

We had a good laugh and all ended well. Thanks for the work rvparkreviews!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

All you need to do to avoid this is use AdBlocker on your browser (assuming it is Firefox or Chrome). I don't ever see any ads on this or any other forum or on Facebook or Google. I guess I could be missing something, but I'm willing to take that chance.

3. jubilee32

jubilee32
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Aug 25 2013, 07:53 PM) [snapback]34554[/snapback]

All you need to do to avoid this is use AdBlocker on your browser (assuming it is Firefox or Chrome). I don't ever see any ads on this or any other forum or on Facebook or Google. I guess I could be missing something, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Thanks - these ads are built into the review site. I do not think they are "pop-up"

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(jubilee32 @ Aug 28 2013, 06:24 PM) [snapback]34586[/snapback]

Thanks - these ads are built into the review site. I do not think they are "pop-up"

AdBocker works quite well on "embedded" ads; as I said in my previous post I see absolutely no ads on this website or any others. I wouldn't have offered my comment if I didn't know it would work.

5. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I agree. I have adblocker and see no ads here or anywhere.