Waterfront sites on Oregon Coast

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Todd F, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Todd F

Todd F
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know of a campground with hookups with actual "waterfront" sites? Want something on the ocean so you can hear the noise from the surf.Anywhere on the Oregon coast.
    Thanks

2. Herb Brandt

Herb Brandt
    Expand Collapse

Try Salmon Harbor Marina in Winchester Bay also called Marina resort.541-271-3407

3. Steve Napier

Steve Napier
    Expand Collapse

Turtle Rock RV Resort just south of Gold Beach, Oregon. Not a great resort style park but right on the coast. Good luck!

4. David

David
    Expand Collapse

Try down around Brookings and Gold Beach. Also check out some of the state parks along the coast. They may not exactly have "waterfront" sites because of some trees in the way, but you should be able to at least hear the ocean.

5. Baby Sister

Baby Sister
    Expand Collapse

Have you looked at Bullard's Beach at Bandon? It's a state park that have full hookup sites. We did not stay there but will on our next RV trip to the Oregon Coast. I really liked what I saw, they even had an area of horse camping. The beach was large and had access to an abandoned lighthouse - the Coquille River Lighthouse, very picturesque.

If that's not the area of the Oregon Coast you're interested in let me know exactly where you want to go and I can probably come up with some ideas - we've traveled the coast a few times...

Baby Sister

6. Todd F

Todd F
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like some great possibilities! :D

7. slapshot

slapshot
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I am late but just found the site. If you looking for site right on the beach you cannot beat the sites at Arizona Beach Campground, they are outstanding you will not be disappointed. Located just outside Golds Beach and real close to the Rouge River, make sure that take the Jet Boat ride up the river you won't forget it. Hope you enjoy.

8. Todd F

Todd F
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the Arizona beach suggestion. I knew about that one and have been trying to contact them for quite some time now. They do not answer their phone and my emails have been ignored. I know the place has been for sale for a couple of years now, so maybe they have closed it? If someone lives near there please let me know. :angry:
    Todd

9. newmarbeastdriver

newmarbeastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Outdoor Resorts in Newport is the finest RV Park we've ever visited. Right on a clifftop overlooking the Pacific and every amenity possible. A bit pricey but absolutely the finest. Unfortunately, for motorhomes only. :)

10. Mike Arant

Mike Arant
    Expand Collapse

As a native Oregonian I can tell you we have outstanding state parks with camping. I have stayed at Bullard's beach many times and, while it is very nice it is about 1/2 mile from the beach. (It is also right next to Bandon Dunes Golf Course, one of the top 100 in the US!)

Sunset Beach cg is not on the ocean, but is within walking distance and is on a nice creek and ocean cove.

Harris Beach is near Brookings and has sites on both the ocean side and across hwy 101. It is high above the ocean with outstanding views.

Cape Blanco is set back 1/2 mile from the actual lighthouse (it may have been near the ocean at one time and just got blown that far inland: 60-90 mph winds not uncommon on the headland! ) The sites are quite protected by trees

There is a commercial (city/county?) park at Gold Beach on the Rogue River that is only steps from the surf, but it is also without any trees, etc. Just a spot to park and hookups.

For State Parks if you have Delorme GPS go to Discovery Owners website and you can download an overlay that shows all Oregon state parks.

Mike

11. mike

mike
    Expand Collapse

Native Oregunion also. Cape Lookout SP had many sites very close to the beach. Call the SP and see if they have those sites available. The last time we were there, the winter storms had taken the restroom/shower that was very near the beach. This was several years ago. Then call Reservations Northwest for reservation. Call for reservation as soon as you can as it is a very popular detination. 1 800 452 5687.

Attached Files:

12. rvdad

rvdad
    Expand Collapse

We are going to try Sea Perch RV Park near Yachats this summer.
    It's right on the beach.

Dave
    Eugene, OR

13. bauerfamily

bauerfamily
    Expand Collapse

We just returned from a stay at Sea Perch in Yachats. It is exactly right on the beach, with unobstructed views...so much so that my kids (9, 11) we able to play while we set up. I believe the "path" to the beach from our site (#105) was such as this: out the door - to end of site - across grass 15YDS - down 5 steps made from RR ties - rocky beach area 15YDS - sand. Now, I did not measure, this is just an estimation. Nice RR, laundry, grassy areas, tide pools. Near Heceta Head Lighthouse, which has a cool tour, close enough to the Oregon Dunes for a quick trip. Horseshoes available. Store, giftshop, sea shell museum. We had a fun time.

While driving, we also noticed "Beachside State Park" which seemed to be right on the beach. We plan to try that sometime.

14. catadams44

catadams44
    Expand Collapse

Yes, Beachside state park is right-on-the-beach. A small campground, extremely popular with families, usually full. Not for larger RVs. Call the Oregon park system to get all the current information.

A fabulous park (but not on the beach) is Jesse M. Honeyman Park. It's located 3 miles south of Florence and has so much going for it that you can forgive it for not being on the beach. Very large park, great for families.

Have the kids (or you) bring bikes. Lots bike trails.

Nice lake in the park with swimming beach, pedal boat rentals, kayak rentals and sno-saucer rentals. Yep, sno-saucers because on one side of the lake there are sand dunes that go straight down into the lake. It's great to trudge up the sand dune and then have a wild ride down into the lake!

Small store with some supplies located in the Honeyman Lodge at the Cleawox Lake swimming beach.

Some RV sites with hook-ups.

Bathroom buildings (flush toilets!) located around the park. Some with showers.

A couple of playgrounds located in the park.

Nature center with Naturalist (in summer) with activities for the kids.

Firewood sold in park.

We always preferred to make our reservations in what we call the "older section" of the park. It just has more character and landscaping.

All in all.....a very beautiful park that we give a "10 out of 10" rating.

Florence is a great destination. Located close enough to the Heceta Head Lighthouse, Sea Lion Caves, Newport Aquarium for day trips. Also real close to Dune City and sand dune buggie rentals. I don't recommend trying to navigate one yourself unless you are experienced at it. It's better to ride one of the 3 to 5 passenger vehicles where there is a driver who takes you on a delighfully wild ride to the tops of sand dunes and close enough to the ocean's edge to spray water in the air.

Between the park and the Florence bridge, there is a great restaurant called Morgan's. Another good one is the Blue Hen Restaurant at the northern edge of town.

Florence also has an "Old Town Florence" area that is full of great little shops to browse, great for kids and husbands too. Plus they have BJ's Ice Cream store there with fabulous homemade ice cream and the world famous MO's Restaurant. Try the small riverboat cruise up the Suislaw River, very nice. At the north end of town is a super-sized Fred Myers store with groceries.

...hahaha.... I don't work for the Florence Chamber of Commerce, our family just really likes the Florence area. I have been camping at Honeyman Park for all of my 51 years!!

15. crankymediaguy

crankymediaguy
    Expand Collapse

If you're interested in the northern Oregon coast, you might consider the Cape Kiwanda RV Park in Pacific City. While it isn't *immediately* on the beach, it is directly across the street from beach access.

I actually lived in the park for about a year and yes, we could hear the surf at night. Now, that may have changed as they are in the midst of constructing a clubhouse/pool complex in the front of their property; it may block the sound of the ocean from the rest of the CG, especially when the walls are actually up.

As I said, it is directly across the street from the beach, though, which you may find is close enough for you. The Park itself is nice, if not as full-featured perhaps as some others (at least until they get the new building finished). There are even free-roaming, tame, wild rabbits around for the kiddies to chase (and for the adults to photograph).

16. mleitch

mleitch
    Expand Collapse

I stayed at Cape Lookout SP a couple of years age and was directly on the beach (small dune between site and beach). Wonderful CG! Excellent service.

17. julievojo

julievojo
    Expand Collapse

If you make it to Bandon OR, please be sure to check out the 3 Gables Restaurant, right on the ocean. Say HI to Mary Yee, the owner. She is one of the nicest, friendliest people that you'll ever meet. She act as hostess, waitress and cook. She'll join you at your table for a friendly chat. She also makes the best french toast in the world.

Have fun!

18. Jetlagged

Jetlagged
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rvdad @ Feb 25 2004, 01:17 AM) [snapback]411[/snapback]

We are going to try Sea Perch RV Park near Yachats this summer.
    It's right on the beach.

Dave
    Eugene, OR

My husband and I have stayed at Sea Perch almost every year for the last 8 years, we love it, it has recently been updated with paved sites, we are going again the last of June, its our favorite place to stay, staff very friendly also. if you go make sure you get a ocean front site they are the best 1 - 10 I believe, they have a website also that you can check out, we have a fifth wheel with the window in back, so we back it up to the ocean scenery, awesome place to camp.
    Karen,
    Marysville, Washington

QUOTE(Todd F @ Mar 18 2003, 05:13 PM) [snapback]21[/snapback]

Does anyone know of a campground with hookups with actual "waterfront" sites? Want something on the ocean so you can hear the noise from the surf.Anywhere on the Oregon coast.
    Thanks

Our favorite place to camp in our fifth wheel is Sea Perch near yachatts Oregon, they have some ocean front sites that are awesome, theres a website you can check out, we always stay in one of the ocean front sites which is 1 - 10 they are awesome.
    Karen,
    Marysville Washington

19. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Hi! We recently left Winchester Bay Rv Resort and had a fabulous time.The sites are nice,picnic tables,fire rings,and some are pull in and some are back ins depending on your rig type.You can have a bay view or a marina view as well. There is a great walking/bike paved path around the park as well as an easy walk to town. Hope this helps.