Welcome Cowolfpack

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Hello there fellow Coloradoan. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You will find a weatlth of info here and there are a couple of guys who can answer any question you can possibly ask - John Blue and Beastdriver come to mind right offhand. I look forward to reading your posts and reviews and hope you will post often....

[​IMG]

2. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,
    Thanks for the welcome. From what I have seen so far this site has a wealth of information and am looking forward to using it. We just got our travel trailer recently and will be taking our break in cruise in it next weekeend so I definetly will review the camp ground we are going to. We had a pop-up before and we are looking forward to the upgrade. We will be camping a lot more next year (got to make the trailer purchase worth while) and will be using the reviews to help in making our decision on where to camp and posting our own reviews when we return.

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(COWolfPack @ Sep 30 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]5177[/snapback]
    Cheryl,
    Thanks for the welcome. From what I have seen so far this site has a wealth of information and am looking forward to using it. We just got our travel trailer recently and will be taking our break in cruise in it next weekeend so I definetly will review the camp ground we are going to. We had a pop-up before and we are looking forward to the upgrade. We will be camping a lot more next year (got to make the trailer purchase worth while) and will be using the reviews to help in making our decision on where to camp and posting our own reviews when we return.

Where are you going camping? We stayed at the KOA in Fountain/CO Springs a few years ago. It was a nice campground.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the group. I see you have been posting a number of times now. We plan to be in Colorado Springs next spring with a number of places in your home state. Colorado is a beautiful state to travel in. We will be in Durango on May 5 to ride the first train of the year up to Silverton and return. B) The San Juan Mountains are so nice to see.

5. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

We didn't want to go to far away on our first trip but wanted to get out of the Springs. We ended up deciding the the Royal Gorge Jellystone campground just outside of Canon City. They are having one of their Halloween weekends and it looks like it would be fun for our son. Got some good rates too. For a pull through with full hook-ups it will be $33 for the first night (Saturday night) and the second night will be about $20 because they consider it an off-season weekday night. Yogi will be hibernating already and their pool is closed but I think it is going to be a little cold for swimming anyway. We are really looking forward to trying out our new trailer.

We had a pop-up before but it was getting too small for us. We had spent a week camping up in Buena Vista because our group performs up there for Gold Rush Days. It is nice because we get to boondock on the rodeo grounds and it doesn't cost us anything and it has a wonderful view on Mt. Princeton. However it rained almost every evening this year and retreating to the pop-up with the three of us and our dogs got a little tight.

Next year we plan on doing a lot more camping. Going to stay at several state parks. They tend to have good rates and if you get the annual park vehicle pass it saves quite a bit on that fee. My wife really likes Mueller State Park (her family used to go camping there a lot) so we will probably go there a few times. It will be nice going around the state and seeing the wonders of nature.

Who knows. Maybe we will bump into each other some time.