Wellesley Island, State Park, Good Sites?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ontariogirl, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ontariogirl

ontariogirl
    Expand Collapse

:) Hi - we are going to Wellesley Island State Park, Upper New York - in June. Saw that there are sites by the water, but it gets mixed reviews for the sites not being level. Can anyone suggest a good loop or site? Many don't have water hookup, and that is okay with us! They do have power. Thanks - I really appreciate your suggestions -we have a 30 foot travel trailer.

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Well...&parkId=240
    I don't know if I did it right, but this should give you the campground map from reserve america. We have been to the campground quite a few times and we loved it. We stayed in F loop. I think they call it Fox now. Some of the sites we liked were 36,38, 40 and 41. They are fairly level and and large sites. You should have no problem with a 30 ft er. I have a 30' fiver. This is the only loop with full hook ups.
    They do have a few sites overlooking the water. I have seen some nice size trailers on them. There was one we really liked. but it had no hook ups at all. I need to refresh my memory to let you know where that site was. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask.
    We took the boat up there and kept in their marina. It was just over the hill behind site 38.

3. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

Nice job on the pix Dave. They should be a big help to the OP. They bring back some great memories of being up there. I took a lot of pictures of the area and islands, from my boat, but none of the campground.

4. tabscorbet

tabscorbet
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for sharing the link. Appreciate it.