What Latest Rate Figure Do You Put In A Review?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RLM, Aug 24, 2010.

1. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I have been putting in the rate that I paid for a camp site, but got to thinking that may not be accurate for everyone. Some discounts are as much as 50%, but then not everyone can qualify for them. I was wondering what would others to include the site administrators prefer - the actual amount the reviewer paid or the real cost with a comment in the text that such and such a discount is available.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm not sure the admins have ever stated a preference for listing the cost. What I do notice is many people state the actual amount they paid and then mention in their comments if it is a discounted rate. Many people mention Passport America or Good Sam; others state that it is a nightly rate based on a week's / month's stay. Those are the most common discounts. Additionally a site fee may be lower if they did not have a full hook up site, and again people tend to metnion that. I also I don't suppose it is a big deal if you list the full regular fee even if you get a discount. Whatever cost you list will be helpful because it will still give a general idea of the rates so that others can decide if this is in their price range.

3. J Miller

J Miller
    Expand Collapse

I guess in my case, I am not yet a member of any of the frequent camper opportunities such as good sam or passport, so when I look at a price, it would be helpful for me to see the full price for the site. A statement in the body of the post indicating a discount was used and what it was seems fair to me. I suppose the percentage of folks on these boards who are members of the discount clubs may factor in to the price that is posted. If most people are members, then yes, I'd post the discount price, and those newbs like myself can locate the actual cost in the post itself. Either way is good with me :)

4. rgatijnet

rgatijnet
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 24 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]23703[/snapback]

I have been putting in the rate that I paid for a camp site, but got to thinking that may not be accurate for everyone. Some discounts are as much as 50%, but then not everyone can qualify for them. I was wondering what would others to include the site administrators prefer - the actual amount the reviewer paid or the real cost with a comment in the text that such and such a discount is available.

I post what I actually paid and then list if it was a Good Sam's, military, Passport America, or whatever discounted rate. Also many parks have seasonal rates, and I think it is also important to say if you got the seasonal or off season rate, or the Holiday rate. In several years I think I have only stayed at a handful of RV Parks that did not offer any discount at all. Discounts are what attract customers and the review should say which one you used.

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I have been consistent. Sometimes I put in the full rate (without taxes) then state that I had the Good Sam Discount, sometimes I put in the actual amount I paid (with discount and taxes), and sometimes I put in the amount I paid with discount but WITHOUT the taxes.

Sometimes I think we should state the full rate (before taxes) and then specify that we had a discount, but that may not be the best way.....

JJ