What's On Your Christmas List?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, Nov 29, 2008.

1. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Now that we've successfully avoided Black Friday tramplings and shootings (and these were just in the US...good grief !!!), am curious what fellow RVers on this site have on their personal Christmas lists.

Trying to avoid the obvious: a tanker truck of fuel, bag of gold and peace on earth.

I'll start: the new 'qwerty' style cel phones are looking good. Got to play with my daughter's over Thanksgiving.

Anyone else given themselves permission to buy something for "the RV" ???
    B)

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Foster,

I'd love a brand new class C diesel RV, but I'll probably get a Cradlepoint router to use with my U727 cell modem.

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Nov 29 2008, 04:05 PM) [snapback]14209[/snapback]

Now that we've successfully avoided Black Friday tramplings and shootings (and these were just in the US...good grief !!!), am curious what fellow RVers on this site have on their personal Christmas lists.

Trying to avoid the obvious: a tanker truck of fuel, bag of gold and peace on earth.

I'll start: the new 'qwerty' style cel phones are looking good. Got to play with my daughter's over Thanksgiving.

Anyone else given themselves permission to buy something for "the RV" ???
    B)

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

This might sound weird, but I want for Christmas is for my cat to live another five years, after all the $$$$ I paid this summer for two "roto rooterings" on two blockages, plus the, um, crazy surgery I paid for (a "kitty gender change," sort of....) to prevent future blockages. If my kitty lives another five years, it will be worth it for me.

So far, kitty is bouncing around like a kitten for being 10 years old.....

JJ

4. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

That would be a purrrrrrrrrfect Christmas gift.

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 30 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]14214[/snapback]

This might sound weird, but I want for Christmas is for my cat to live another five years, after all the $$$$ I paid this summer for two "roto rooterings" on two blockages, plus the, um, crazy surgery I paid for (a "kitty gender change," sort of....) to prevent future blockages. If my kitty lives another five years, it will be worth it for me.

JJ

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

JJ,

You hadn't mentioned Kitty for a while, and I was afraid with all his trouble last summer that maybe you had lost him. I'm very glad to hear he is still around, and I'll bet he makes 5 more years easliy.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. We can go back to Christmas now.)

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 29 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]14214[/snapback]

JJ

JJ, no fair, you opened your gift before Christmas!

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D

7. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Hope you get your wish JJ. Having met kitty briefly in passing he is a bit of a devil for sure. LOL
    I would wish for lots of money so I can just full time and no longer have to workamp to survive. I am also going to buy myself a pistol for home protection. Buying the wife a new Ipod since she needs something that will hold more than the 800+ she has on her present Ipod. And lastly I was going to look at getting me a new camera too. But...... all of that depends on available funds at the time of shopping. LOL

8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Nov 30 2008, 01:01 AM) [snapback]14222[/snapback]

...You hadn't mentioned Kitty for a while, and I was afraid...

Texasrvers: no hijack appologies needed! Was also worried about JJ's traveling buddy: pleased to learn he's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

Lee and Fran: never thought about an IPOD. That would sure come in handy when working out in the mornings.

Pianotuna: you sound like my DH. Besides eyeing GM and Ford stock...he's looking at the deals on non-performing assets sitting on various RV lots... :lol:

9. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

10. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

And for gas prices to stay under $2!

JJ

11. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

An Airwedge to keep the !**@!! slide topper from flapping in the wind when we are back in NM next spring. Oh, and gas under $2.00 per gallon (as someone else mentioned) would be great as well. I just filled up the GMC for less than $35, whereas last spring (while on the road) fill-ups were running about $80. Maybe I can do w/o the Airwedge in lieu of low gas prices. I'll discuss this with Santa.

12. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Well just a 2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus model 40QSP would really be nice, please "Santa"????
    Don't want much.....huh....

13. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I have been looking very hard at those new qwerty cell phones as I can get $100 off from Verizon after Dec 12th when my present phone is 2 years old. I really like the concept of being able to get email and especially bank deposits and withdrawals. One question I have not been able to get answered is do you download the emails to your phone and then read them offline or are you online and being using minutes while you read them. Any idea?

14. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Well, we were hoping to buy a new car. After buying the new car was going to sell our motorcycles. Of all the cars we sat in and test drove, we both liked the Toyota Matrix the best. How ever dealerships in the Tucson area seem to like their cars. Haven't been able to come up with agreeing on a price.

Are going to have the axles looked at on the RV, Monday. A couple tires are wearing to the inside more then the other side, so that might have to be our Christmas present, paying for that.

15. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 29 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]14214[/snapback]

JJ

Hey JJ,

Our cat Floyd has had the same trouble I think as your's, some sort of blockages, and that cat is now going on his 18th year and just as cranky as ever. I think he asked for the same thing. Here's Floyd hoping you get your wish.

Rodman