Where Can I Post A Review Of An Unethical Dealer

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bud in Florida, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I have just had a dealer who says he may back out of deal we made and which I signed the purchase order. He now has decided he doesn't like the deal after we have been dealing for over two weeks. If he does back out I would like to spread the word and let people know not deal with this guy. I know I can post here, but are there other places I might post? Thanks-- hopefully he'll do the right thing tomorrow and live up to his promises, but I am not holding my breath.

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bud in Florida @ Nov 1 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]8988[/snapback]

I have just had a dealer who says he may back out of deal we made and which I signed the purchase order. He now has decided he doesn't like the deal after we have been dealing for over two weeks. If he does back out I would like to spread the word and let people know not deal with this guy. I know I can post here, but are there other places I might post? Thanks-- hopefully he'll do the right thing tomorrow and live up to his promises, but I am not holding my breath.

It's not uncommon to back out of a purchase order even if signed...that goes both for the dealer and buyer...you could do the same if you wish. Not exactly a great business practice, but I don't think it's unethical to back out of a purchase order...now, a signed bill of sale would be different.

3. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

Well I have to give the owner credit. He stepped up to the plate and honored the deal. Said his word was good and he would do the right thing. By the way, since I was ready to trash the guy if he didn't do the right thing-- I should say that Harberson RV in Fla is run by the honorable Vic Harberson and he did go out his way to make the deal happen.

4. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bud in Florida @ Nov 2 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]8998[/snapback]

Well I have to give the owner credit. He stepped up to the plate and honored the deal. Said his word was good and he would do the right thing. By the way, since I was ready to trash the guy if he didn't do the right thing-- I should say that Harberson RV in Fla is run by the honorable Vic Harberson and he did go out his way to make the deal happen.

Bud, I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. :)

5. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

Thanks BBear-- now we'll see well Damon builds a motorhome. I expect some things to go wrong, but am hoping that I get a good unit. Wife is excited about the kitchen and I am excited about the warranty!

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bud in Florida @ Nov 3 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]9005[/snapback]

Thanks BBear-- now we'll see well Damon builds a motorhome. I expect some things to go wrong, but am hoping that I get a good unit. Wife is excited about the kitchen and I am excited about the warranty!

You're welcome and I hope you and your wife have many years of enjoyment with your new motorhome!!!

7. sparky

sparky
    Expand Collapse

Hello Bud;

I hope your Damon will be as good as my good friend's that bought one--they love theirs he bought from dealer in Manasses Va.
    they have No problems in the 2 year , they have owned it
    sparky in Va.