Where To Camp?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by SunnyBlue, Feb 13, 2006.

1. SunnyBlue

SunnyBlue
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading the reviews of different campgrounds and love the section.

I was hoping for some more help on picking out a good, full hook-up campground for our trip this summer.

Here are our stops:

Barstow/Yermo, CA - Calico Ghost Town
    Williams, AZ - South Rim of the Grand Canyon
    Flagstaff, AZ - Indian ruins
    Jacob Lake - North Rim of the Grand Canyon
    Springdale, UT - Zion National Park

I have picked out some campgrounds, but want to know from you folks which campgrounds you recommend.

Has anyone heard of a new campground in Williams called The Canyon Motel and Railroad RV Park? This is NOT the Railside RV Ranch campground. This is just before the Railside RV on the same street.

Any and all advice will be greatly valued!!

Thanks!

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Sunny,

In Williams we use the Canyon Gateway RV Park or you can stay inside Nat. Park on south rim, nice park. Williams has a new park but we have not been in it yet. One park down the hill in bottom was not to good, can not remember the name.

In Flagstaff you have three Good Sams Park to pick from, all would be OK.

In Utah look at Zion Canyon Campground 1/2 mile from park or you can stay inside park also if you like. Park has 30 amps and water. Zion is so nice to visit.

On other places, I can not help you.

Have a great trip.

3. SunnyBlue

SunnyBlue
    Expand Collapse

Hi John Blue,

Thanks for the input on where to camp!!! :D Your comments will be of great help!

I was thinking of the Canyon Gateway RV Park or Circle Pines KOA. Do you know anything about the Circle Pines KOA? Are you pretty happy with the Canyon Gateway? I have both KOA and Good Sam cards.

In Flagstaff, I was thinking of the Woody Mountain Campground. How are they?

In Utah, we were thinking of staying at Zion Canyon Campground. It sounded like fun with the river behind you and Zion NP so close by.

Again, THANK YOU for your help!!! :D :D

Sunnyblue

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Sunny,

We think Cannon Gateway is OK to park in for short time. Couple items are on some sites you park one in front and other in same lane, not all sites are this way, good view on front row, roads and sites are large Red rocks. We looked at KOA sites and did not see much to write home about. Tour down town Williams, lot of history and old sites to see. Town was a mining camp long ago. Great place to eat close to train station with home made pies.

Woody Mountain is OK as you would not spent a lot of time in campground anyway.

Zion Canyon is very nice and you would be happy.

Have a great trip!

5. SunnyBlue

SunnyBlue
    Expand Collapse

John Blue,

Thanks again for your help. :)

After reading the reviews and talking to other people, we are going to just stay in Williams instead of Flagstaff. We are going to stay at the Railside RV Park. From there we will go onto Zion.

Thanks again for ALL of your help!!! :lol:

SunnyBlue ;)