White Cloudy Water

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jerry scooterman, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jerry scooterman

jerry scooterman
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know why I get white cloudy water from a city hook up at sites. It only lasts about 2-3 seconds but then changes to clear. It happens every time I turn tap on inside RV. I first suspected the water filter and some deterioration but after checking that, it seemed fine.

thoughts?

2. rollinghills

rollinghills
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like air to me, does it do it every time you turn on the faucet, or just the first time. Also filters aren't lifetime they have to be maintained and changed depending on the water you may only get a week out of it. I was a water man in a previous life lol. hope this helps.

MaconMemories likes this.
  3. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

+ 1 Sounds like air.

MaconMemories likes this.
  4. jerry scooterman

jerry scooterman
    Expand Collapse

might be air, might be filter..

I checked filter, it's been in there for only 2 weeks, I guess I expected more life out of them as they're expensive (i know, welcome to RV'ing).

Air... hmmm... I suppose there's no way to check that one, it does seem to happen sporatically... meaning.... I turn on the galley facet, I get cloudy water for first 10 seconds, then it's fine. Might use it on / off again without issue, then come back later in the day and it happens again. Same with bathroom water.....

I wonder if I pour into glass and let it sit, if it dissapates (air issue perhaps) or remains (other, ie, filter)....

More recon is needed... but thanks for the ideas (both)....

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We see this all the time, not a problem. A small amount of air and remember water is H2O so the O is the problem. :lol:

6. jerry scooterman

jerry scooterman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 13 2011, 07:36 AM) [snapback]26755[/snapback]

We see this all the time, not a problem. A small amount of air and remember water is H2O so the O is the problem. :lol:

Let this be the worse of my RV problem experiences then... Thanks all for the responses!

7. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 13 2011, 07:36 AM) [snapback]26755[/snapback]

Yes you need to adjust your H to O ratio. :p Or as said let some water sit in a glass and see if it clears up. :rolleyes: My wife will not drink water out of the plastic tanks any way.We take a small distiller that we make distilled drinking water with.Most of the time I just go out and fill up a 21/2 gallon water container from the spigot with out going through the plastic pipe with and adapter from Wall Mart that has a spigot on one side and you hook your RV hose on the other. :)

8. chowhound

chowhound
    Expand Collapse

Try runing water through your supply hose to remove the air from the hose before you connect to the RV. If you get the same thing from the supply hose then it may be the filter or pressure regulator.

9. Melissatunnell

Melissatunnell
    Expand Collapse

I stay at 3 diffrent campgrounds on the same lake one camp ground the water is always milk white and when put in a bowl it takes forever to clear up and it has smoke or steam coming off water the camp grounds all have well water and only one camp ground has this issue it worries me due to the lake has been drained due to a sink hole and being repaid ,I boughta water filer and hooked to my hose going to my camper but still get same results should I be concerned any help will be appreciated thanks in advanced