White Water?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mrs_truesdell, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mrs_truesdell

mrs_truesdell
    Expand Collapse

hi we do not have water holding tanks and our trailor is only 2 years old we bought 2nd hand. just wondering why our water is white but if we go out to the spiquit and get the water it is clear. is there something we can run through our water line to maybe flush the tubeing? thinking whoever had it before used heavy calcuim water and has bad build up. this is also a fema trailor dose that make any difference?

2. lawdog

lawdog
    Expand Collapse

I am no expert, but does it do it all the time? If it happens just after you hook up to a water supply it might be air in the lines. Mine does this for a short time then as I use it more it goes away. Just a thought.

3. mrs_truesdell

mrs_truesdell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mrs_truesdell @ Feb 2 2008, 03:05 PM) [snapback]10119[/snapback]

hi we do not have water holding tanks and our trailor is only 2 years old we bought 2nd hand. just wondering why our water is white but if we go out to the spiquit and get the water it is clear. is there something we can run through our water line to maybe flush the tubeing? thinking whoever had it before used heavy calcuim water and has bad build up. this is also a fema trailor dose that make any difference?

QUOTE(mrs_truesdell @ Feb 2 2008, 03:05 PM) [snapback]10119[/snapback]

4. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Do you have a water filter? If it keeps coming out discolorred there must be a build up some where. You might take the water and have it checked to find out what is causing the color.

5. mrs_truesdell

mrs_truesdell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Feb 4 2008, 10:33 AM) [snapback]10144[/snapback]

Do you have a water filter? If it keeps coming out discolorred there must be a build up some where. You might take the water and have it checked to find out what is causing the color.

its not the water because it is clear comming straight from the spiquit. as bad as it is a filterwould clog up in no time. i just get my water from the spiquit and then pour it through a pitcher type filter but id think there would be some sort of something to flush my lines with t disolve the build up.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

One way to get out of this mess would be to add an under sink water filter for cooking and drinking. The other water used for showers and hand washing will not be a problem.

Did anyone tell you this type of trailer is not rated for road use? FEMA trailers were set up to move from plant to home site and sit for years. Most all trailers (if you read the information) are rated for two week use per year. I think only five 5th wheels at rated for full time use on the road. This is not to say your trailer will fall apart on the road but it will have a very short life if you pull it a lot. Not a good buy at any cost and our government has thousands they would love for someone to buy.

7. lawdog

lawdog
    Expand Collapse

Did anyone tell you this type of trailer is not rated for road use? FEMA trailers were set up to move from plant to home site and sit for years. Most all trailers (if you read the information) are rated for two week use per year. I think only five 5th wheels at rated for full time use on the road. This is not to say your trailer will fall apart on the road but it will have a very short life if you pull it a lot. Not a good buy at any cost and our government has thousands they would love for someone to buy.
    [/quote]

Our agency received a FEMA TT for use as a mobile command center. Ours had the name of the manufacture on it like a normal trailer. I would hate to be the company who stuck their names on a product that is being sold to the public which is in poor condition or don't meet with industry standards. I know ours came with a residential toilet and fridge, but we changed the toilet.

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Not being able to observe the water condition, the "white colored" water is normally caused by a small leak in the unit's cold water system. Under pressure, with the water system at idle, a small water leak maybe present, but when demand for water occurs, the leak allows air to enter the system causing the water to turn white. Draw an amount of water in a clear container and allow it to stand, after a few moments the water should clear if in fact the discoloration is caused by air entering the system.