Who Stole My Campground???

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by abbygolden, Apr 19, 2009.

1. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

Well, not really as I know it is still there. But, I was looking for the latest reviews of the campground in Olathe, CO and they aren't listed. Do the campgrounds have to pay a fee in order to be listed on this site, or...???

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I checked Colorado and don't see Olathe as one of the cities. Is that where your campground is?

JJ

3. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(abbygolden @ Apr 19 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]15954[/snapback]

Well, not really as I know it is still there. But, I was looking for the latest reviews of the campground in Olathe, CO and they aren't listed. Do the campgrounds have to pay a fee in order to be listed on this site, or...???

The only campgrounds you will find on this site are those for which campers have submitted reviews. If you don't see a campground here it's because nobody has put a review in the database.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Abbygolden,

Sometimes a campground will appear to be in one city when its official address is in another. This site goes by the official address when placing a park under a city. Try looking for your lost campground under the names of any towns that are close to Olathe. You didn't mention the name of the campground. There are quite a few cg's listed in Montrose. Maybe the one you want is listed there. A Google search found an Uncompahgre River RV Park in Olathe, but there does not seem to be a review for it on this site. As Denali said I guess no one has ever sent in a review for it. If you stay there, you could be the first. Sorry we can't help more.

5. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 19 2009, 03:48 PM) [snapback]15955[/snapback]

I checked Colorado and don't see Olathe as one of the cities. Is that where your campground is?

JJ

Yep, it's 10 miles north of Montrose (western CO) and about 50 miles south of Grand Junction.

QUOTE(Denali @ Apr 19 2009, 05:09 PM) [snapback]15956[/snapback]

The only campgrounds you will find on this site are those for which campers have submitted reviews. If you don't see a campground here it's because nobody has put a review in the database.

I understand that. But the last time I looked at it (earlier this week), there were still several rating from last year. The CG was rated several times last year, including one from me.

It doesn't bother me if it isn't on this site because the fewer people who know about, the better!
    It's one of the best places I've ever stayed.

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 19 2009, 05:44 PM) [snapback]15957[/snapback]

Abbygolden,

Sometimes a campground will appear to be in one city when its official address is in another. This site goes by the official address when placing a park under a city. Try looking for your lost campground under the names of any towns that are close to Olathe. You didn't mention the name of the campground. There are quite a few cg's listed in Montrose. Maybe the one you want is listed there. A Google search found an Uncompahgre River RV Park in Olathe, but there does not seem to be a review for it on this site. As Denali said I guess no one has ever sent in a review for it. If you stay there, you could be the first. Sorry we can't help more.

Read my responses above.

6. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Abby,

What is the name of this "paragon" of campgrounds?

QUOTE(abbygolden @ Apr 19 2009, 02:07 PM) [snapback]15954[/snapback]

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Abbygolden,

Wait a minute! I'm getting a different slant on this now. You're saying that the campground you are looking for had reviews on this site earlier this week and now they have disappeared. Is that correct? You did not say that at first, and I don't think any of us who tried to help you understood that. It is one thing to say you can't find a review on this site. That probably means no one has reviewed the place. It is another thing to say there were reviews for the campground and that they disappeared. That concerns me. I know that occasionally we find that a park is listed under the wrong city. In that case it (and its reviews) will be moved to the correct city. I do not know if this is the case with your park, but I do know we could get to the bottom of this a lot easier if we knew the name of the park.

8. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Apr 19 2009, 06:57 PM) [snapback]15960[/snapback]

Hi Abby,

What is the name of this "paragon" of campgrounds?

If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya! (Uncompahgre River RV Resort). But I will tell you it is one of the controversial types of CGs - 55+.

Denny

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 19 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]15962[/snapback]

Abbygolden,

Wait a minute! I'm getting a different slant on this now. You're saying that the campground you are looking for had reviews on this site earlier this week and now they have disappeared. Is that correct? You did not say that at first, and I don't think any of us who tried to help you understood that. It is one thing to say you can't find a review on this site. That probably means no one has reviewed the place. It is another thing to say there were reviews for the campground and that they disappeared. That concerns me. I know that occasionally we find that a park is listed under the wrong city. In that case it (and its reviews) will be moved to the correct city. I do not know if this is the case with your park, but I do know we could get to the bottom of this a lot easier if we knew the name of the park.

Sorry that my post wasn't more specific. Olathe, CO has been listed as a town in CO that has a CG for as long as I have been on this forum, most probably much longer. For some reason, it's now gone. I checked the closest two towns (Delta and Montrose) and it isn't there.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

They once were lost, but now they're found. Check the new listings.

Thanks to the webmaster.

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sid,

For future reference you will probably get more replies if you start a new thread when you change the topic. If you tack your question onto an unrelated topic it may not be seen and/or answered.

11. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 20 2009, 09:22 PM) [snapback]15985[/snapback]

They once were lost, but now they're found. Check the new listings.

Thanks to the webmaster.

Amazing, Grace! (Ok, sorry for the pun). Thanks for putting it back on the rating rota.

12. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Good Grief...
    Logged on this morning...granted half-awake...and thought there had been some kind of 'retreat' at Olathe yesterday.
    Too much...
    :lol: