Whoa What Happened To This Website!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, May 6, 2006.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

We've been working hard to get this new layout of the website online. Many people have had problems loading certian state pages as some have grown much too big for easy browsing with a dial-up internet connection.

Our new site layout should make it easier to navigate, here are some of the things to lookout for:

1) Newest reviews are now listed newest to oldest, so you don't have to scroll through all the reviews to read
    the latest.
    2) Navigation bar across the top of the site makes it easy to jump to different sections of the site.

We realize that many of you like to browse reviews, so you will find a previous city / next city button on the top of each city page to help with this. It browses alphabeticly like the cities were listed on the old layout.

As you pull up a state, the map displayed of that state will show little blue dots for the cities that we have campgrounds listed for. This is not working for Canadian cities at this time, and about 1% of the US cities that we do have campgrounds for aren't on the map. ( These issues will be resolved soon. )

That's about it, let us know what you think!!

Now go camping!!!!

2. Starcraft Dad

Starcraft Dad
    Expand Collapse

I was here just a few hours ago and it was the old site. Now I come back and it's all new. Looks good, I like it. Kudos to all. :D

3. OldSoldier

OldSoldier
    Expand Collapse

I also was browsing thisw morning and came back to a new world. :)

I'll let you know. At first blush I like the new format even if it will take abit of getting used to.

A note though. There are several other RV Services that link to you that are likely to be upset due to broken links, etc. Good luck.

OldSoldier

4. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ May 6 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]4102[/snapback]

We've been working hard to get this new layout of the website online. Many people have had problems loading certian state pages as some have grown much too big for easy browsing with a dial-up internet connection.

Our new site layout should make it easier to navigate, here are some of the things to lookout for:

1) Newest reviews are now listed newest to oldest, so you don't have to scroll through all the reviews to read
    the latest.
    2) Navigation bar across the top of the site makes it easy to jump to different sections of the site.

We realize that many of you like to browse reviews, so you will find a previous city / next city button on the top of each city page to help with this. It browses alphabeticly like the cities were listed on the old layout.

As you pull up a state, the map displayed of that state will show little blue dots for the cities that we have campgrounds listed for. This is not working for Canadian cities at this time, and about 1% of the US cities that we do have campgrounds for aren't on the map. ( These issues will be resolved soon. )

That's about it, let us know what you think!!

Now go camping!!!!

5. Zimectrin

Zimectrin
    Expand Collapse

I vote "This is very nice and a vast improment of af a very useful site."

6. OldSoldier

OldSoldier
    Expand Collapse

"Now go camping!!!!"

YES SIR!!! (Smart Salute)

Leaving at 0800 hours in the morning for our Maiden Voyage.

Wish us luck

7. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Just a quick note, the blue dots have been removed from the maps for the night, hopefully we will have them back tomorrow night. They were causing problems with the new pages for some people. If you can't see any maps, we are working to resolve this problem as well.

Thank you all for your positive feedback, and your continued support of this site!

8. harrym55

harrym55
    Expand Collapse

Very nicely done.

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(OldSoldier @ May 6 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]4114[/snapback]

"Now go camping!!!!"

YES SIR!!! (Smart Salute)

Leaving at 0800 hours in the morning for our Maiden Voyage.

Wish us luck

Have a wonderful trip. It has only been 2 weeks since our last trip out but I am already getting antsy. Oh well, guess I will have to wait a while - can't fit it in again for another 7 weeks, then we will hit the road for 16 days!!! Let us know all about your trip when you get back.

10. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ May 6 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]4115[/snapback]

Just a quick note, the blue dots have been removed from the maps for the night, hopefully we will have them back tomorrow night. They were causing problems with the new pages for some people. If you can't see any maps, we are working to resolve this problem as well.

Thank you all for your positive feedback, and your continued support of this site!

The blue dots have been added back for every browser other than Internet Explorer, we are working to get them back on IE as well. If you really want to see them now, I reccomend FireFox as an alternate web browser from GET FIREFOX. It isn't as vunerable to web page attacks either.

If your using Opera as your web browser, and don't see the dots, you need to change your preferences to not identify as Internet Explorer.

11. Sunflyer

Sunflyer
    Expand Collapse

I find that when I read a topic on here I can't use the back button on IE to return to the previous page.

Love the new format.

12. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Sunflyer @ May 8 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]4146[/snapback]

I find that when I read a topic on here I can't use the back button on IE to return to the previous page.

Love the new format.

It appears this is an issue with the forum software we use. As part of the site update, we also updated to the latest version of the forum software. I'll check with the forum software vendor to see if they can come up with a fix.

Thanks for the comments on the new format, glad you like it!

In the past 24 hours, we have also added:

Campground Search
    Cities with campgrounds now show up in the new Nearby box

13. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I think everything you have done is amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.

14. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I realy liked the old format and didn't like this one for the first 10 minutes, but after than I love it. Really much better in my humble opinion. I run a website for my business and I know how hard it is. Thank you so much for this service and once again, I love the new format.

15. jkbuck

jkbuck
    Expand Collapse

Anyone having trouble posting a review? I tried to post a campground review and can't get past selecting the state. The next page that comes up just has a string of words, but in no way allows for posting. Any suggestions?

16. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Webmaster, I love the new updates!!! Thank You on a job well done!

17. Ohio-jayco-popup

Ohio-jayco-popup
    Expand Collapse

Outstanding job.

One request though. Is there any way to make the map interactive? Sometimes I'm looking at a map and don't know what towns are by what CG. Maybe a zoom feature the interactive.

I really love the detailed information that is added as far as things to do in the area. All with clickable links....you spent some time on this. Kudo's