Wierdest Review Ever

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by summerland, Oct 14, 2009.

1. summerland

summerland
    Expand Collapse

OK, this HAS to be the most ridiculous review by far. Look at Napa Valley Expo, posted today (10-14). Look at the other reviews for this place...... TOO CLEAN????? Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

2. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(summerland @ Oct 14 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]19528[/snapback]

OK, this HAS to be the most ridiculous review by far. Look at Napa Valley Expo, posted today (10-14). Look at the other reviews for this place...... TOO CLEAN????? Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

They didn't say it was "too clean", they said it was sterile. When I read the review I got the impression that there wasn't much "atmosphere" and that the place reminds the viewer of a parking lot rather than a campground. When I've been to some campgrounds, the area where they park the big rig campers and buses do remind me of a parking lot. Often times there aren't any trees. I understood the impression the reviewer tried to make. I assume they probably want more of a woodland type of feel to the campground.

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Looking at their website, it is a campground that I would not like to visit - but if I did, I wouldn't give it a 3, it would get a high rating, because they advertise what it is.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I believe their meaning of the world sterile refers to lack of personality (like pictures on the wall and little touches of the owners around). In the South we call it hominess. We stayed pretty close to this park for about 3 days for our trip to the wine area and their non freebee wine tasting. I have stayed at many places a lots worse than this one looks. The owner of the place we stayed in Vallejo which is down the road was snotty and I gave it a 3 which is tied for the lowest score I have ever given. We drove by this place each time we went to the wine country and lamented that we had stayed in Vallejo.

5. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm. One "3" and the rest 8-10. Perhaps this is the proverbial one person who can't be pleased with anything???

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The person who wrote this may be German and see things in different ways than we do.

Word Sterile: From Thesaurus

adjective
    1 mules are sterile: infertile, unable to reproduce/conceive, unable to have children/young; archaic barren. ANTONYMS fertile, fecund.
    2 sterile desert: unproductive, infertile, unfruitful, uncultivatable, barren. ANTONYMS fertile, productive, rich.
    3 a sterile debate: pointless, unproductive, unfruitful, unrewarding, useless, unprofitable, profitless, futile, vain, idle; archaic bootless. ANTONYMS fruitful.
    4 sterile academicism: unimaginative, uninspired, uninspiring, unoriginal, stale, lifeless, musty, phlegmatic. ANTONYMS creative, original.
    5 sterile conditions: aseptic, sterilized, germ-free, antiseptic, disinfected; uncontaminated, unpolluted, pure, clean; sanitary, hygienic. ANTONYMS septic.

Now can anyone tell me how or in what way he used the word? My point is we all think in different ways and that is OK.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Still looks like to me that he meant sterile in a decorating sense rather than in a cleanlyness sense. I have seen many campgrounds at both extremes of this. I guess it is a matter of personal preference.

8. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps the author of that review just don't care for that type of RV park? Since reviews are personal opinions, how can the author be wrong if he is honest?

We don't all care for the same things or have the same priorities. Very seldom do we even set foot into the restroom/shower area of any RV park we stop at. For someone who uses them the cleanliness or filth of one could cause a totally different view than what we might give such a park.

A good example of differences is one in Oklahoma that we rated where we gave a very high rating to a park because it was clean, very reasonably priced and the staff and residents were very friendly. Another review for the same park rated it low because they have no public restroom/showers, no pool and nothing for kids to do. It just depends upon how a park fits each person's needs.

9. summerland

summerland
    Expand Collapse

how can the author be wrong if he is honest?

I never said he was wrong. A "sterile" park does not deserve 1 1/2 stars. That's just plain wrong.

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I believe most ratings will be in the middle somewhere. If not, then you have nothing left for the very good or the very bad ones when you stay there.

11. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(summerland @ Oct 15 2009, 02:28 PM) [snapback]19551[/snapback]

I never said he was wrong. A "sterile" park does not deserve 1 1/2 stars. That's just plain wrong.

In your opinion. Thats all these reviews are, our opinions, right or wrong good or bad.

Of course that's just my opinion

12. deanintemp

deanintemp
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(summerland @ Oct 15 2009, 05:28 PM) [snapback]19551[/snapback]

That reply is hilarious. In the first sentence, you say "I never said he was wrong". Yet, in the last sentence you indicate that the reviewer is "just plain wrong". Funny stuff!

13. summerland

summerland
    Expand Collapse

That reply is hilarious. In the first sentence, you say "I never said he was wrong". Yet, in the last sentence you indicate that the reviewer is "just plain wrong". Funny stuff!
    So happy to give you a laugh. :lol:

My point however was....The reviewer is NOT wrong in his OPINION that a park is too clean (sterile) for his liking. What is wrong however, is somebody giving a rating THAT low for being clean (sterile). Sorry you don't understand. :huh: