Winter In Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CharlieA, May 28, 2008.

1. CharlieA

CharlieA
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I have been fulltimers for just under a year, we spent the last nine months touring the country, we visited over 20 states and put on around 14,000 miles on our motorhome. We are currently in Maine until October then we are planning to head south towards Florida or Texas. We are planning on sitting in a location for several months this winter instead of traveling.

We are looking for recommendations on parks in either Florida or on the Texas coast that have good size sites, are clean, friendly, accept dogs and have lots of activities, ie swimming, shuffleboard, horseshoes, golf, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Tell me more of what you are looking for in a good park, prices, parts of FL you would like to stay in, coast or inland, north or south end of state, class A only places or mix units, places to eat, and any information would help. We have everything down here anyone would wish for, it is all about money. Remember as you move south, weather is better but so is price. Most all places will have items on your list. :p

3. raskal

raskal
    Expand Collapse

We spent the last winter at a very nice RVCG near Malabar, FL, called Camelot RV ( www.camelotrvpark.com ). It's on th East Coast along the Indian River and south of Melbourne and Palm Bay. Easy access off of I-95 for our 35' 5er and the sites were more than adequate with all amenities. Activities scheduled most every day with Holiday dinners and dances as well as team sports included in the mix.

Dogs and other pet were welcome with a huge municipal dog park within easy driving distance and the Very Best and affordable dog daily and overnight boarding within ten minutes at Paradise Kennel and Spa ( www.paradisefordogs.com/newsletter.html ). No crates or small kennel runs at all. Heck, I'd stay there at their rate of $18 per day and $30 for an over night from 6:30 AM until 6:00 PM the following day!