Winter In San Antonio

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by nedmtnman, Dec 4, 2009.

1. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

We are in San Antonio TX and you would think the blizzard of the century is coming toward us. 0" to .05" of snow are forecast. :lol: It is supposed to get down to the mid 20's tonight. That is 20 above zero. Up in the rockies we don't excited for anything under 3 feet of snow and 30 below.

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

When you are from an area that doesn't get snow often it IS a big deal. Also, just because you can drive in it don't feel too confident. Those of us from the area that don't see snow often don't know how to drive in it. I lived in ND for a while and learned to drive in it but being back in Texas it is a novelty for us.

3. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Dec 4 2009, 10:46 AM) [snapback]20216[/snapback]

We are in San Antonio TX and you would think the blizzard of the century is coming toward us. 0" to .05" of snow are forecast. :lol: It is supposed to get down to the mid 20's tonight. That is 20 above zero. Up in the rockies we don't excited for anything under 3 feet of snow and 30 below.

I can guarantee that you will think it is a VERY big thing when you get on the road with all of us idiots from the area who aren't used to the snow or ice. If you think we drive crazy under normal conditions, you ain't seen nothing yet! Your excitement level will rise considerably when faced with our challenges. Good luck and stay safe. Me, I'm staying home.

On edit, we had maybe five or six flakes total and the sun is now shining. I'm going to go play golf!

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yeah, they really hype it up when there is a chance of snow in south Texas. You should have seen the mob at the grocery store yesterday. People were stocking up like we were going to be snowed in for weeks. :D

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

we had maybe five or six flakes total and the sun is now shining. I'm going to go play golf!

Abbygolden got a snow storm compared to us. It snowed here for about 10 seconds and we got 3 flakes. We didn't try to drive in it because I was afraid someone else would skid into us. :lol:

6. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

We got 7 flakes here in Franklin! (I counted) Glad I bought plenty of milk and bread. :D