Wolfie's CG - Zanesville, OH

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MBageant, Aug 16, 2004.

1. MBageant

MBageant
    Expand Collapse

Did a search on this CG. Can't find much. It's really called Wolfie's Family Kamping (I think). It's in Zanesville, Ohio. Looking for something, with full hook-up's, as close to the Longaberger Homestead as I can get. Anyone stayed at Wolfie's? Know of anything better, or closer, to Longaberger? I can't even find a web site for them. Thanks...

2. pipelnrwife

pipelnrwife
    Expand Collapse

The Lazy R Campground in Granville is a good place to stay. Very close to Newark and the "Big Basket" office building. The folks at Lazy R are very nice and they are really working hard to make it a nice place to stay.

3. MBageant

MBageant
    Expand Collapse

pipelnrwife - I am not familiar with the area at all. How close is the CG you mentioned to the Longaberger Homestead?

P.S. I found their web site, and it says they are now called Lazy River at Granville (formerly Lazy R)!

4. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

SOrry to be a bit late with this but I was at the beach for a week and had not internet....We have stayed at Wolfies in Zanesville when we visit longaberger basket and the village of Dresden. It is a nice CG and has nice sites but not much in the way of amenities. We had full hookups and were on the top loop and have stayed in the lower pullthrus as well. If you are going for a CG this os not it if you are looking for a nice friendly place to stay tis will do nicely. There are a number of seasonals there but they are not rundown for the most part and the CG hosts and new owners are great.

John S.
    1999 U270 Foretravel

5. buckeyefan

buckeyefan
    Expand Collapse

Yes, we have stayed at Wolfie's Campground in Zanesville, Ohio. In fact, we stay there frequently, as I was born and raised in Zanesville. I just posted a review of Wolfie's, as I think it is an excellent campground. It's way up on a hill overlooking the Muskingum River and is neat as a pin. New owners took over in November of 2003, and they are really trying hard to bring the park up to snuff. They keep it nicely mowed and landscaped. Now, there are quite a few people who live here for long periods, highway workers and the like, so there aren't a ton of sites available, especially on summer weekends. But it's still very nice and we recommend it highly.