Working Out

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, Nov 26, 2008.

?

Would you ever use an indoor gym when staying at an RV Park?

1. NO exercise. This is a vacation !!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only exercise outside: hiking, biking, walking, canoeing, golfing etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Might check it out if the weather is nasty.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Enjoy indoor gyms along with outdoor activities.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Have not really thought about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Curious what you all think. Would adding a small workout gym add value to an RV park? Great debate topic with friends who are in next phase in building their park. Thanks for your feedback! B)

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I tried it once, but got tired after a couple of minutes. Actually, we do try hiking and stuff, but rarely use the workout room and rarely see anybody else using them either.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Makes no difference to me. The word "exercise" is a dirty, nasty word. I don't like that word. I try to do things like park far away so I can walk a distance, I try to walk to places instead of driving, but don't you dare tell me I'm getting "exercise." That's a nasty, nasty word!

JJ

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Nov 26 2008, 09:21 PM) [snapback]14149[/snapback]

...don't you dare tell me I'm getting "exercise..." JJ

Ha! :lol:
    OK...I started "playing" on various gym devices when it was hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun at our current location. Can only watch BBC News, CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg TV in our air-conditioned bubble for so long before I'm jumping out of my skin.
    Never look for a gym when we're on the move. New towns and locations have too much to explore to sit still.
    Discovered we enjoyed this outlet after returning to the too-familiar haunts for family holidays, etc.
    Cheers! :p

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Nov 26 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]14148[/snapback]

...and rarely see anybody else using them either.

Hmmm...
    Time to print up some more RVParkReviews fliers. Will poll the folks at this park's workout room. Always someone in there. ;)
    Maybe it's a snowbird destination thing...

6. sun-seeker

sun-seeker
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Nov 26 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]14146[/snapback]

Curious what you all think. Would adding a small workout gym add value to an RV park? Great debate topic with friends who are in next phase in building their park. Thanks for your feedback! B)

I think that would be a benefit providing they had a personal trainer or instructor. Some of the higher end RV Resorts offer weightloss and health and fitness camp packages. They have activitity list ranging from morning yoga stretch, hiking, floor exercises, weight training, water aerobics, nutrition and wellness workshops. They also have massage therapy and life coaching.

So, if they had all of that. I would say yes! But don't bother putting in a few pieces of equipment just to collect dust.