2024 trip plans

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Fitzjohnfan, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jason,
    I have an idea on how you may be able to gain access to the Naval Air Museum. It's a long shot, but in my opinion worth a shot. I would send an email to the police chief of Pensacola (Eric Randell) explaining your intent to visit the Museum and the dilemma you are experiencing. An off duty deputy may be more than happy to help out a down under brother.
    https://www.cityofpensacola.com/733/Pensacola-Police-Department

You could also try to email our state senator Rick Scott (pass Governor of Florida)
    Google U.S. Senator Rick Scott

#21 Paythebill, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    The5goodwins, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  2. Scubadude62

Scubadude62
    Expand Collapse

Both my wife (who is not a plane fan) and I, (who is), loved the National Museum of the Air Force in Dayton. We've been there twice, for over 5 hours each time, and the last time my wife only got halfway through the museum - there was so much to see on the walls and other non-aircraft exhibits. Well worth the $0 entry fee!

The Wright brothers place was OK, but nowhere near as engrossing, for us, as the Air Force museum.

The Worlds of Fun Village campground is our go-to overnight stop in the KC area. I also highly recommend the National WWI museum.

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the comments! i didnt know there was a campgroud at Worlds of Fun. I'll have to check it out.

Yes, we're really looking forward to a visit to the Air Force Museum!

Paythebill and The5goodwins like this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Chris I like your trip plan!

Watch out for the ride, Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Not for the faint of heart as I remember my lungs felt like they were being crushed during the ride. LOL I remember the campground was expensive but first rate, worth the price. :cool:

Mike

Paythebill and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I feel bad that I'm reading a whole bunch of health issues from all our long time members, so my message to eveyone is to recover the best you can, maybe just keep the RV wheels rolling closer to home.

My d*m knee arthritis is slowing me down, dealing with a lot of pain... :(

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Trips planned for this year, so far

May, Cape Cod,
    June, Middlebury VT to bike some rail trails (I now have an E-bike ;))
    July return trip to Knoebels PA
    Aug return trip to Association Island NY
    Sept, Trap Pond SP, DE, Outerbanks, NC, Gatlinburg/ Smoky Mountain NP TN, & Mammoth Cave NP, KY Home

Mike

Paythebill and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike! I probably won't ride as many rides as my adult sons, but i'm going to try to get a few coasters in.

Yes, the campground is expensive, but the package deals they have, and how close it is to the park, make it worth it. My parents in-law (also comming in the RV) will even stay in one of the cabins there for a couple of days.

--Chris

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a great trip! When i get more vacation time (or retire!), Vemont and the Great Smoky Mtns are bucket list items for me and the XYL.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.