Adult Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Katiekat, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Katiekat

Katiekat
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know of a website or published material that tells where there are adult parks in New England/New York? We are a couple in our 40s - no kids, obviously - and looking for quiet parks that don't appeal to families! Anyone know of where we can start?

Thanks!

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I don't mind kids in RV Parks. I can always shut the door or walk away from them. What really gets my dander up is yelling, screaming, boisterous kids in restaurants. There you are, trying to enjoy your meal, when somebody comes in with small unruly kids and sits right next to you. It ruins your meal everytime. And before somebody jumps all over me about not liking kids, I love kids. But there is a time and place, and in an upscale restaurant is not it. Take 'em to McDonalds.

3. Katiekat

Katiekat
    Expand Collapse

I should have said in my question that I indeed do like kids - Hey - I teach elementary school after all, lol - but I don't want yelling and screaming kids interfering with my peace and quiet vacation. That's all......Just like I don't want a bunch of partiers staying up all night - I am guessing none of us would like that.....but I did wonder if there might be a specific place I could find out information about adult only sites. I have found a few, but mostly by accident..........Thanks!

4. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Aug 21 2007, 07:00 AM) [snapback]8048[/snapback]

I don't mind kids in RV Parks. I can always shut the door or walk away from them. What really gets my dander up is yelling, screaming, boisterous kids in restaurants. There you are, trying to enjoy your meal, when somebody comes in with small unruly kids and sits right next to you. It ruins your meal everytime. And before somebody jumps all over me about not liking kids, I love kids. But there is a time and place, and in an upscale restaurant is not it. Take 'em to McDonalds.

I sure hope someday I have the pleasure of meeting you, who knows maybe in an upscale resturant with my granddaughter. I am a new grandfather and you know what I believe parents have the right to take their kids anywhere they want. I agree that it can be anoying but I'm sure you as well as I can do some things that are pretty anoying as well. Kids are a fact of life and if I want to go to an upscale resturant with my granddaughter I sure as you know what will.

Again just my opinion,

5. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I, too, am about to become a grandfather. But, unlike you, I hope I have the courtesy and good sense not to ruin other people's evening with an uncaring and cavalier attitude. I am sure you love your grandchild but, unfortunately, you do not appear to be able to couple that with respect for others.

6. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

This is not really on topic, but I always get a chuckle out of the designation "adult park". I wonder if it is like an adult movie?

When we brought our kids to Florida once, (long time ago, they are in their 30's now) we stayed at a campground that catered mostly to older snowbirds and had lots of rules concerning kids in the park. Our daughter suggested they needed another one: Children under 55 years old - no breathing without adult supervision!

7. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Aug 21 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]8067[/snapback]

I, too, am about to become a grandfather. But, unlike you, I hope I have the courtesy and good sense not to ruin other people's evening with an uncaring and cavalier attitude. I am sure you love your grandchild but, unfortunately, you do not appear to be able to couple that with respect for others.

I have respect for others, but I'm also not so arrogant that I believe when I'm eating in a fine restaurant everyone should be quiet just for me. I would love to see you the first time you are in a place whether it be a nice place or not when your grandchild acts up and believe me they will, sing to me then. BTW, this is not what KatieKat was asking. Also, congradulations, there's nothing like it.

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Katiekat,

Now back on track. I have looked at a number of the places you ask about in new reviews over the past month. I remember a number were up in northern states. As far as a list did you check Google and see if any web sites has this information? If not them start looking at reviews from Maine south on this board. If you find a park they may know of other places. One place was on the coast and I think it was in Maine. One was also on one of the great lakes. Each park said no one under 18. I will see if I find web sites again. :p

9. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

KatieKat, John Blue is right, I have googled dog friendly parks and gotten so many back. That will probably do the same for you. Allot of the resort types are pretty adult friendly as well.

As always just my opinion,

10. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Rodman:

You say that you believe parents have a right to take their small children anywhere they like. Does that include movie theaters, funerals, weddings, and other similar places, in addition to upscale restaurants? Your definition of arrogant and mine differ. My definition is people who say I'm going to take my screaming child whereever I please, to hell with anyone else. We do agree on one thing: Being a grandparent is a wonderful thing!

11. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone given any thought as to "why" Katiekat asked this inquiry ? The remarks written here, from some, answers that question very nicely. Good luck Katiekat, and welcome to the forum.

12. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Butch> If you hadn't made the comment I was going to. It was a simple request for information not requiring a judgement as a response.

Katiekat> Generally, I would try to avoid the campgrounds with the pools and playground equipment. Resorts where sites are owner purchased then rented when the owner isn't there typically have an older crowd. I also like state and corp of engineer parks. The are usually far enough off the beaten path that you will have some "peace and quiet"; especially during the week days.

Good luck and also welcome to the forum.

13. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wprigge @ Aug 21 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]8068[/snapback]

This is not really on topic, but I always get a chuckle out of the designation "adult park". I wonder if it is like an adult movie?

When we brought our kids to Florida once, (long time ago, they are in their 30's now) we stayed at a campground that catered mostly to older snowbirds and had lots of rules concerning kids in the park. Our daughter suggested they needed another one: Children under 55 years old - no breathing without adult supervision!

A number of years ago, we were on our way to DisneyWorld and having never been there we gave ourselves plenty of time to get there, so much so we were a whole day early before we could check into Fort Wilderness.

So. being tired we drove around until we found the first campground we came across and I went in the office and asked if they had one night available and the first thing the clerk asked me was how old I was...I told her I was almost 25 and she said she'd have to see an ID, so I showed it to her and she said okay and then asked how many were in our party and I said there are three others all over the age of 21 she asked and I said yes.

I really had no idea why she was asking such, but I kept filling out the info and finally got done and she gave us the info and directions to our site and then she said, "Even though we are a clothing optional park, we'd ask that while in the store and restaurant you have clothing on."

I stared at her with my eyes so wide open she must have gotten the idea I was stunned and she said, "Well, you do know this is a clothing optional park don't you and I said no and she started laughing and said there's a campground down the road about a mile that we'd be better "suited" for, LOL....I will never forget that, toooo funny! :)

14. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Uh ha, can only imagine your shock at the news. And how do you spell "bear, or is it bare" ? I'll bet it was toooo funny as your other members of your party were enlighten to the facts. Great humor, thanks for sharing.

15. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 22 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]8089[/snapback]

Butch> If you hadn't made the comment I was going to. It was a simple request for information not requiring a judgement as a response.

Katiekat> Generally, I would try to avoid the campgrounds with the pools and playground equipment. Resorts where sites are owner purchased then rented when the owner isn't there typically have an older crowd. I also like state and corp of engineer parks. The are usually far enough off the beaten path that you will have some "peace and quiet"; especially during the week days.

Good luck and also welcome to the forum.

You are completely right, my apologies, some things just really frost me.

16. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

"This is not really on topic, but I always get a chuckle out of the designation "adult park". I wonder if it is like an adult movie? "

When I saw the thread I was like "woo-HOO!" Let's see the reviews on *those* parks"...

17. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Katiekat,

OK, I checked under Google "Adult RV Campgrounds" and see the list runs on for pages with adult RV parks. You will find them all over the USA so it should not be a problem to pick out ones you would like to travel to. Good luck! :p

18. Katiekat

Katiekat
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, everyone, for your great responses - I really appreciate it, and thanks for the welcome greetings too! I'm glad to be a new member.......hoping to buy a new popup soon.

19. cathycamping

cathycamping
    Expand Collapse

I'd be careful of "adult park". My husband and I ran into one, that really was "adult" with themes. Needless to say we didn't stay there. I guess the high fence all around the grounds should have tipped us off. We thought it was because it was way up north and was meant to keep the animals (deer, bear, etc.) out of the grounds and garbage.

Live and Learn -- lol

20. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Many "Adult Parks" offer their sites to only those 55 or older. Be careful of this while researching this type of campground. Good Luck! :p