Another "fine" Enhancement By The Cable Company

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Dec 19, 2012.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jul 4 2013, 01:44 AM) [snapback]34017[/snapback]

Well, now I have experienced two RV parks that required you to be a technophobe to watch cable TV. Those RV parks were served by Comcast.

I'm now at an RV park served by Charter. The RV Park owner told me that they haven't been hit yet, but Charter is about to require the same boxes that Comcast did.

I hope there is a way around this, who wants to have to be a technophobe to connect to cable?

I carry two thin flat RG6 adapters that allow the coax to pass through a window with it closed tightly enough to keep the bugs and rain out. When I run into a campsite that requires a digital converter, I connect a 25' cable to the pedestal cable connection and then to one of the thin pass-thru adapters. A short jumper cable then connects the pass-thru to the converter's "Cable In" port. Another jumper connects the converter's "To TV" port to the other thin pass-thru, with a 10' cable connecting that to my normal "Cable In" connection in the water bay. It's a bit more work than a standard straight in connection, but nothing all that technically difficult. When the UHF channels first went into widespread use in the 50's, many of us hooked up similar converters to our old black & white TV's with little or no technical knowledge.

2. KFS

KFS
    Expand Collapse

Oh those boxes. I don't even like them at home.

The 80's called, they want their technology back.