Belton Rv Park - Thief

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Vern and Ranae, Dec 23, 2007.

1. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(denbroncs @ Jan 25 2008, 01:50 PM) [snapback]10035[/snapback]

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Jan 24 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]10023[/snapback]

Ok, I'll bite.

Should I just expect to pay per gallon or am I likely to encounter some sort of fill charge?

You will likely pay a per gallon fee - but I have encountered places that will have a minimum charge of $10 or $15. It does "pay" to check first.

That's what I thought.

Is there any other way to gauge how much is left in a fixed tank apart from my instrument panel which just gives me a light telling me the 'general fullness'? I know they have those little strips that you can put on the upright tanks but I haven't seen any for a fixed tank.

I know I'll fill up somewhere beforehand, but I don't want it to go "phhiiit" on me in the middle of Yosemite next month.

2. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:D
    Hey G.W.

I can't speak for everyone, but for us and almost everyone I know of, there is no minimum fill charge on non-removeable horizontal propane tanks. We charge by the gallon for actual number of gallons pumped. In addition to your on-board monitor, every such tank that I have seen has a level guage on the tank itself that can be read with the propane compartment door opened. They often stick and are not perfectly accurate, but I have found that a simple finger thump will often unstick them.

Doug

3. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

Is there any other way to gauge how much is left in a fixed tank apart from my instrument panel which just gives me a light telling me the 'general fullness'

If you are referring to a fixed tank on an RV, there is a gauge on the tank. That is, in fact, a lot more accurate than the "light" inside the RV - which is almost always off.

4. 1KAMPER

1KAMPER
    Expand Collapse

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT IF YOU WOULD CHECK FLYING J WEB SITE YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT PROPANE SELLS FOR IN YOUR AREA AND I FIND THAT IT IS MOST HELPFUL AND CHEAPER TO GET IT AS I GET FUEL FOR MY TRUCK

5. ddbradley952

ddbradley952
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Dec 31 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]9706[/snapback]

Outstanding RLM, I would still like to see Texas.

Happy New Year,

Texas has lots of GOOFY laws; like if a burglar comes in to your house, you can shoot him on site!

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(ddbradley952 @ Oct 5 2008, 11:36 PM) [snapback]13411[/snapback]

Texas has lots of GOOFY laws; like if a burglar comes in to your house, you can shoot him on site!

Hell yes! What would you do? Invite him to sit down and have a cup of coffee??? And I've also heard that if he is coming in through a window he better have at least half of his body inside before you shoot him or he is considered still outside and not an intruder. Now that's goofy.