Campgrounds Should Be Re-organized

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rvmamabel, Apr 13, 2010.

1. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(joez @ Apr 15 2010, 12:54 PM) [snapback]21660[/snapback]

We also need a section where you are not allowed to start your diesel engine and leave early.

I'm all for this section. How about a different section for those who want to come to camp at 11 at night, set up their site with the truck lights on high beam while loudly talking to your partner and telling them to be quiet section? Let's not forget the swear-at-your-kids-so-everyone-will-hear section as well as the I-have-no-idea-where-my-5-year-old-is-but-I-hope-someone-is-watching-them section.

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(coacbcps @ Apr 26 2010, 02:45 PM) [snapback]21791[/snapback]

...I-have-no-idea-where-my-5-year-old-is-but-I-hope-someone-is-watching-them section....

Good one! :lol:
    Could be interchanged with "where my loose dog is..."

The trick is to have a head start on the 'attitude adjustment' so this is all entertainment!

We actually witnessed the escaping of an unleashed BIRD at one small campground. You just can't make this stuff up...

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

How about poor & rich camper section....I'd defiantly be in the poor section.... :p

and how about a tacky RV ornament section!! I.E. pink flamingos! :D :D

Mike

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

If they had a rich/poor section I still wouldn't be allowed in. My RV is a 1952 Trailways bus conversion. I think I'm going to mount a rocking chair on the roof for the ride into some of the snotty acting campgrounds. Anyone got a corncob pipe I can borrow?

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

boxers or briefs?

6. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 22 2010, 02:30 PM) [snapback]21727[/snapback]

White RV's
    vs Ok, I'm just making this up, I don't know why....
    Painted RV's
    JJ

Painted how? With PEACE signs? :huh:

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

No. SOme RV's are all white, except maybe a swoosh or something. Other RV's are "painted" with a wild design mural, like.... some of the very high end fancy Class A's have a tan and black mural, my class C has a "dealer special" purple/mauve/gray "mural" or I've seen blue/green "murals."

JJ

QUOTE(coacbcps @ Apr 27 2010, 01:55 PM) [snapback]21820[/snapback]

Painted how? With PEACE signs? :huh:

8. rvmamabel

rvmamabel
    Expand Collapse

Love the idea of the painted RV section. They are so much prettier. Mine is a blah white...and among a sea of white RV's on a sunny day....that's bright!

I have young kids, so I'd love a teen-girl-willing-to-play-with-your-pesky-daughters section. Boy, I really am dreaming here. Time to put away the blender.

One last section I wish I could have avoided last summer: the we-love-to-sit-outside-and-talk-on-our-cellphones-for-hours section. Hoo-boy. Why bother to camp? Can't those people text in peace? Har-har.

9. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I'm camp hosting at a nice State Park in a very windy part of the my state. We actually have a 'wind" versus "no wind" division. The NICER loop is the one that gets BLASTED when it's windy. The "no wind" loop has a windbreak (you still get some, but not as bad as the lower loop), and the sits are laid out so there is more "privacy" at each individual site, you can't see your neighbors.

JJ

10. brep

brep
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 16 2010, 07:40 PM) [snapback]21676[/snapback]

Maybe, since I manage a CG, I should vote for spaces to be far enough from the managers home that we don't get knocks on our door late at night asking questions that are answered in our brochure. :rolleyes:

Yes, yes, I will vote for that one!

11. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Apr 26 2010, 09:30 PM) [snapback]21804[/snapback]

How about poor & rich camper section....I'd defiantly be in the poor section.... :p

and how about a tacky RV ornament section!! I.E. pink flamingos! :D :D

Mike

Sign me up for the pink flamingo section - now I just need to find a flamingo emporium so I can stock up!

12. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(edcornflake @ May 14 2010, 10:02 AM) [snapback]22104[/snapback]

Sign me up for the pink flamingo section - now I just need to find a flamingo emporium so I can stock up!

One company that makes them went out of business so we bought my mom 2 in the box and told her they are now collectors items. She was really relieved since she hates those things. LOL

13. Dave-and-Ellen

Dave-and-Ellen
    Expand Collapse

Put me down for them having a yappy dog section! Almost EVERY RV park we have been in...and that includes some 10's, seems to ignore yappy dogs. We were even across from one guy who chained his dog outside from early morning to sunset. Every person who walked or rode a bike past that dog set it off. It even broke loose from its chain several times and the office did nothing about it. In fact, I have never seen anything done about any dogs!

14. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dave-and-Ellen @ May 21 2010, 09:20 PM) [snapback]22206[/snapback]

Put me down for them having a yappy dog section! Almost EVERY RV park we have been in...and that includes some 10's, seems to ignore yappy dogs.

Weekend before last we were in a place that had a 'pet weekend'. Every camper had at least one dog outside (including ours) and there was almost no barking, yapping, baying, or otherwise. I've never seen so many dogs just... hangin' around. On Sunday, as folks were packing to leave, the dogs were a little more agitated, but still no yapping.

15. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dave-and-Ellen @ May 21 2010, 08:20 PM) [snapback]22206[/snapback]

Put me down for them having a yappy dog section! Almost EVERY RV park we have been in...and that includes some 10's, seems to ignore yappy dogs. We were even across from one guy who chained his dog outside from early morning to sunset. Every person who walked or rode a bike past that dog set it off. It even broke loose from its chain several times and the office did nothing about it. In fact, I have never seen anything done about any dogs!

Then you haven't been to our campground. I have come down hard on people for letting their dogs run and one for leaving their dog inside all day. That one barked and clawed at the windows all day. A bark on occasion is okay but constant barking gets campers put back on the road looking for a different campground.

16. rvmamabel

rvmamabel
    Expand Collapse

Hi folks,

I can't believe this thread is still alive and ticking. After reading all the posts, especially the last few about yappy dogs, maybe the solution is for us to more actively complain about noisy and rule-breaking neighbors. I will say that that the one time I complained about yappy dogs, they had security there within a few hours and that took care of that. I wasn't there to make friends with the neighbors, and appreciated the quiet. So, if more of us complained about yappy dogs, quiet hour violations, and other nuisances, maybe campground owners would more actively and pro-actively manage those situations? Not sure, but a girl can hope! Maybe I'll just keep dreaming and wishing for an ideal campground with no other campers....