Changes To Review Submittals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

I wish the OP would post his review so we can see it, but apparently he must have some reason for not doing so. I once had a review appear and then disappear. I tried to post again and got the message that I couldn't review the park again until a certain amount of time had passed, so obviously it HAD been there. I contacted a moderator, who couldn't find any trace of my original post. I have posted very uncomplimentary reviews and haven't had one rejected yet, as far as I know. This one was somewhat uncomplimentary but downright nice compared to some of the other ones for that park. At least I didn't call the owners Nazis. Things happen. We pull up our big girl (or boy) undies and we move on. I suggest the OP either post his review so it can be discussed or move on.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Admins aren't supposed to defer reviews just because they are more negative than other reviews of the same CG. Sometimes we may question why a reviewer speaks so highly of a CG only to give it a "2" or a "3". But some reviewers are hard graders and may like a park, but on an absolute scale only rate it as a "6", for example.

All that is asked of reviewers is that they try to rate a park using criteria that the park has some reasonable control over. I've seen reviews that criticize CG's because "it rained the whole time we were here", because "the wind never stopped blowing", or because "the power went out due to the wind." In fact, reviews aren't usually deferred for such unfairness unless the reviewer goes "over the top" about the issue. :lol:

3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Jun 22 2013, 06:43 PM) [snapback]33878[/snapback]

I wish the OP would post his review so we can see it, but apparently he must have some reason for not doing so. I once had a review appear and then disappear. I tried to post again and got the message that I couldn't review the park again until a certain amount of time had passed, so obviously it HAD been there. I contacted a moderator, who couldn't find any trace of my original post. I have posted very uncomplimentary reviews and haven't had one rejected yet, as far as I know. This one was somewhat uncomplimentary but downright nice compared to some of the other ones for that park. At least I didn't call the owners Nazis. Things happen. We pull up our big girl (or boy) undies and we move on. I suggest the OP either post his review so it can be discussed or move on.

I believe the review has been posted. If it is the one in question, it is not terribly negative. The writer has listed items that fell short of what he/she expected. Reading between the lines, and I'm only guessing, I suspect the issue may have been something about the opinions of other folks that left earlier reviews.

I happened to have been guilty of the same offense. I stayed at a park that had a lot of reviews with a lot of higher numbers. Instead of "reading" the reviews, I jumped to the conclusion that this would be a great park to stay at. In my opinion, it was a terrible park. But most of the negatives had been listed by previous posters and had I read them, probably would have passed on the park.

My first attempt to rate the park listed the negatives but also included a blast at other posters for giving the place such good reviews. It never got published. I resent a "watered down" version that did get published. Obviously, I was trying to blame others for my lack of due diligence. Do your homework and you should rarely be disappointed.

Darrell

4. dgjg

dgjg
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]4533[/snapback]

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the three review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted three or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(dgjg @ Jul 8 2013, 09:30 PM) [snapback]34072[/snapback]

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(dgjg @ Jul 8 2013, 10:30 PM) [snapback]34072[/snapback]

7. dgjg

dgjg
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Jul 8 2013, 11:42 PM) [snapback]34075[/snapback]

It is very rare for a review not to be published without the reviewer being given a chance to revise it. Possibly you have overlooked emails from this website asking you to revise some of your reviews. If a writer is asked to revise a review and doesn't respond, that review will never be published.

No, did not receive any emails asking me to revise.

8. dgjg

dgjg
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dgjg @ Jul 11 2013, 06:52 PM) [snapback]34092[/snapback]

No, did not receive any emails asking me to revise.

I am so sorry ! I take it back I did receive an email, I checked the wrong email the first time. I apologize for the first response and have resubmitted my reviews. Thank you for the opportunity to fix my review.

9. Puppie96

Puppie96
    Expand Collapse

This is somewhat frustrating. I'm a newbie both to RV-ing and to this forum. I finally became a member and really struggled this morning to post my first 2 park reviews using my iPad (also a newbie to that) while using my husband's phone as a modem. We have a long trip in front of us. My first try fell into the abyss when we stopped at a point of interest in mid-review. I tried to continue but it didn't work so I had to do it all over. I will have to find time to post another because I do think I had some useful input about both parks.

I'm definitely not a park owner.

Oh, well.

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your reviews posted. I do not use an iPad to post reviews so I cannot offer any suggestions, but maybe one of our other members can help you.

11. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Miniturized technology is a wonderful thing - most of the time. Mice sized QWERTY keyboards, the extra steps it takes to get proper punctuation and capitalization, and using fat fingers to hit small radio buttons is more trouble than it's worth. I prefer to do a review using my laptop in a word doc then save it and submit later using copy and paste when I am not occupied with something else. That also provides the luxury of spell check. I would rather take the time to get capitalization, punctuation, and spelling right than to have it returned for corrections.

Occasionally, I will just make notes on a piece of paper and then do the review later. I've done enough to remember what normally goes into one. But then there is the 18th century version of your review electronically "falling into abysses." That's when I can't find the piece of paper that I wrote the review on. :)

Welcome to the forum.

12. Puppie96

Puppie96
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 2 2013, 07:24 AM) [snapback]34332[/snapback]

Miniturized technology is a wonderful thing - most of the time. Mice sized QWERTY keyboards, the extra steps it takes to get proper punctuation and capitalization, and using fat fingers to hit small radio buttons is more trouble than it's worth. I prefer to do a review using my laptop in a word doc then save it and submit later using copy and paste when I am not occupied with something else. That also provides the luxury of spell check. I would rather take the time to get capitalization, punctuation, and spelling right than to have it returned for corrections.

Occasionally, I will just make notes on a piece of paper and then do the review later. I've done enough to remember what normally goes into one. But then there is the 18th century version of your review electronically "falling into abysses." That's when I can't find the piece of paper that I wrote the review on. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Doing much better today. My first 2 reviews were up there even though I only had 2. I've done a couple more today. Something to do while riding across the desert.

Beautiful day today though. In the shade the temp's about perfect.

Thanks for the welcome.

13. David & Carol

David & Carol
    Expand Collapse

I joined RV Park Review last Sunday. I have been using this site to find Parks to stay at for over one year, and it is very helpful. I posted my first review on Monday, and it has not been posted on the site. My account does not show any reviews, so when I went to repost the review, it said I had already reviewed this park.

What happened, I want to help people too?

14. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

David & Carol....welcome to the forum. According to the rules of this site you must post 3 reviews before you get posted. Post a couple more and I'm sure you will see yours. Also, the admins have to check each review that is written before it is posted and this is definitely the super busy time of their year.

15. David & Carol

David & Carol
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 25 2013, 09:30 AM) [snapback]34539[/snapback]

David & Carol....welcome to the forum. According to the rules of this site you must post 3 reviews before you get posted. Post a couple more and I'm sure you will see yours. Also, the admins have to check each review that is written before it is posted and this is definitely the super busy time of their year.

Thank You, I just submitted two others.

16. Walt and Connie

Walt and Connie
    Expand Collapse

This is a joke. Just looking for the place to delete you. Trying to sell a program for grammar correction then an insulting letter from a moron. Please save me the search and remove us now.

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Walt and Connie @ Aug 31 2013, 07:50 PM) [snapback]34609[/snapback]

Trying to sell a program for grammar correction then an insulting letter from a moron.

What are you referring to? What grammar program and what letter?

18. drw-cpa

drw-cpa
    Expand Collapse

For some reviews of campgrounds a picture tells a 1,000 words. When might we be able to post a pic as well as text about a campground?

19. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 31 2013, 09:09 PM) [snapback]34610[/snapback]

What are you referring to? What grammar program and what letter?

The first sentence in their post says "This is a joke." Maybe they were referring to everything they wrote after that.

20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Sep 4 2013, 11:01 AM) [snapback]34688[/snapback]

The first sentence in their post says "This is a joke." Maybe they were referring to everything they wrote after that.

Maybe.