Changes To Review Submittals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(drw-cpa @ Sep 4 2013, 08:41 AM) [snapback]34687[/snapback]

For some reviews of campgrounds a picture tells a 1,000 words. When might we be able to post a pic as well as text about a campground?

I hope the admin's don't mind me speaking for them here, but it's hard enough to verify the validity and truthfulness of the written words posted here as reviews. If we were to add photos, that would add another piece of information that could be used incorrectly. Suppose someone took a photo of another campground and posted it as belonging to another campground. What if they took a movie still from "Deliverance" and said "this campground looked just llike this!" How can the admins verify that to be accurate?

Also, how long would you retain the photos? Campgrounds can change drastically in less than a year if you stop watering/mowing the grass, stop routine maintenance, and let things go to heck.

2. Robbie & Sandy

Robbie & Sandy
    Expand Collapse

My husband and myself set out from North Carolina for a cross country RV adventure. I heard about your site just recently so joined and submitted a review for all the campgrounds we have stayed in so far. I submitted approximately 15 reviews, how will I know if they are going to be published. Thanks for providing this site. Sandra Robinson

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Robbie & Sandy @ Jul 27 2014, 10:12 PM) [snapback]37507[/snapback]

My husband and myself set out from North Carolina for a cross country RV adventure. I heard about your site just recently so joined and submitted a review for all the campgrounds we have stayed in so far. I submitted approximately 15 reviews, how will I know if they are going to be published. Thanks for providing this site. Sandra Robinson

Welcome to the forum! They send you an email notification when each review is posted.

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dutch_12078 @ Jul 27 2014, 09:11 PM) [snapback]37508[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum! They send you an email notification when each review is posted.

Hi and yes, welcome to the group. To add a little to what Dutch has just said, at this time of year there are many, many reviews submitted. I know it suggests that reviews will be published within a few days but due to the volume it isn't uncommon for it to take a little longer, perhaps a week to ten days. If you read through some of the recent topics that have been posted you will see that some people get very concerned when their review isn't posted within a couple of days and then start moaning about it. Recently, some members have been told, several times, that their review is in process and wil be dealt with shortly yet still they complain it takes too long. Please understand I am in no way suggesting that you would be one of these type of people so please do not think that.

I believe the admins who review the submitted park reviews are all volunteers. From my personal experience, they do a great job and will publish your review as their personal time permits. In the advent of any major concern with a review, they will send it back to you for some corrections (perhaps huge spelling or grammar mistakes).

Once again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading your contributions. This site is full of experienced RV'ers with tons of knowledge and always willing to provide advice and or solutions to problems and concerns you may have.

5. camphost6915

camphost6915
    Expand Collapse

I am currently work camping at a park in Montana. While I understand the rule, I am not sure I get it. It would seem to me that reasonable folks could read the reviews and figure it out themselves. I know several times I have read "between" the lines on some parks. At the same time, I have seen reviews of some parks, that once I got there really puzzled me. And that really goes both ways, not undertstanding the negative ones, as well as not getting the positive ones.
    Been doing the RV thing a few years now, and due to the reviews of the park I am working at, I decided to start entering reviews of other parks I have stayed at. Have only done one, so it won't be seen yet.
    I can say, without naming the park I am working at, that the reviews of this park are really crazy. Interesting that on a couple of other sites this park gets pretty good reviews, yet this one it seems all bad. Having read them, I think it is probably the same poster using several login names or something, one review states they stayed here during a time of the year the park is not even open. So it really goes both ways, not just the fake positives, but fake negatives as well. One thing I have learned from working at a campground, RVers are not all honest, clean, or even considerate alot of the time. I have definitely had an eye opening experience. The good far outweighs the bad, but I will not be working in a campground again.

6. Highmtn52

Highmtn52
    Expand Collapse

Morning,

I was trying to back track on one of my most recent reviews as I quoted the nightly fee inaccurately. It's Sunrise Resorts - Copalis Beach Resort. But.. I can't find my review. I have submitted 3 reviews in the past year and 2 recently.

So.. I'm confused as to why I don't see it and/or can't find it :huh: .

Thanks...

7. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Highmtn, it would be good if you could use the contact button ( at the bottom of the page) and ask them about your posts. Give them the name of the CG and your screen name, if different than the one you use here. That would make it easier for them to check things for you.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 10 2014, 12:22 PM) [snapback]37682[/snapback]

Highmtn, it would be good if you could use the contact button ( at the bottom of the page) and ask them about your posts. Give them the name of the CG and your screen name, if different than the one you use here. That would make it easier for them to check things for you.

dalsgal is correct that the best way to report a problem is to click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of each screen. However, I had already started to investigate your question when she replied, so since I have the answer, I'll go ahead and post it here.

Your two most recent reviews were sent in on 8/5. Summer is a very busy time for us and this year we have quite a backlog of reviews waiting to be checked. We are currently working on the reviews submitted on 7/30. Your reviews are about half way down the list, so it will be a few days before we get to them.

9. Highmtn52

Highmtn52
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 10 2014, 12:58 PM) [snapback]37683[/snapback]

dalsgal is correct that the best way to report a problem is to click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of each screen. However, I had already started to investigate your question when she replied, so since I have the answer, I'll go ahead and post it here.

Your two most recent reviews were sent in on 8/5. Summer is a very busy time for us and this year we have quite a backlog of reviews waiting to be checked. We are currently working on the reviews submitted on 7/30. Your reviews are about half way down the list, so it will be a few days before we get to them.

Thanks for your prompt response. I mostly wanted to correct my fee entry for Sunset Resort. It was actually $30.00. I see the contact button in the itttyyyyy bitttyyyy fine print below and will use that from now on. I just thought there MUST be a place that I could edit my post before it got printed.

I'm smarter now! :rolleyes:

Warmly,

Felicia

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Highmtn52 @ Aug 10 2014, 01:46 PM) [snapback]37685[/snapback]

Thanks for your prompt response. I mostly wanted to correct my fee entry for Sunset Resort. It was actually $30.00. I see the contact button in the ittttyyyyy bittttyyyy fine print below and will use that from now on. I just thought there MUST be a place that I could edit my post before it got printed.

I'm smarter now! :rolleyes:

Warmly,

Felicia

Sorry, but there is no way for you to revise your review once it is sent and/or posted but you can always use the itttyyyyy bitttyyyy fine print Contact Us button to report any changes or mistakes to the help desk, and they will take care of you. You don't need to do that this time, however; your change was so simple and quick to do, I just took care of it.