Cost Of Cable Tv, & Other Rate Increases???

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by moqui51, May 23, 2008.

1. moqui51

moqui51
    Expand Collapse

Well, I can't speak for anyone but us, but we can not afford the extra $50.00 a month. We like the other campground, but we have to start putting our foot down on the increases. They went up 30. in price, plus added the 50.00 cable charge. We also just spoke to the owners of the campground we are in and they say they are going to have to start adding a 23.00 a month charge for cable and they were doing a survey to see how many of us would pay it...or wanted it. Only 2 out of 6 of us in our row were on cable and we said we would not take if if we had to pay extra. She said they are thinking of dropping the cable.

This year our costs of traveling have gone up so much that we are now considering getting out of RVing. Luckily we have been traveling for about 20 years and have seen almost everything we had hoped to see. I know we will miss getting away for a few months, but it seems like the cost is just getting to be too much for us.

QUOTE(bj41 @ Jun 24 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]12033[/snapback]

Hi,
    I am new to the site and thought I would add my opinion.
    I think adding an additional charge for cable of $50.00 a month is quite high, I guess if you really like the campground you will do it.
    I was reading some of the relies to your post and was surprised to see monthly campgrounds so cheap as I live in NJ and travel mostly on the east coast, and what they are paying monthly we would be paying weekly. When we traveled out west a couple of years we saw that camping fees were more like what we like to pay then back here in the east.