Cost Of Wifi

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Big Ben, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Strange you should mention that. I usually run my post through my Microsoft Works program for spell checking. My spelling is OK, but my typing is horrible. We the other day as I was fooling around on my program, I accidentally removed all my icons and can’t gt them back. I can not tell my word processor to check the spelling. I need to reinstall my program, but can’t. I now found out a long way to do it by each word, but it is cumbersome. You will note that the I in stiff and the U in stuff are right next to each other on the keyboard. Anyway, this phone is really slick and I can actually surf the web. Screen is real small, and I will still be using WiFI for most everything, but deposits and stUff.

2. Pinegrove1

Pinegrove1
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am a campground owner as of May 2005. We purchased a real fixer-upper. We renovated, landscaped, built and cleaned up. Last year was a year where we can really see repeat business and we always have positive comments. My husband and I work our behinds off, and to know our efforts are appreciated makes it all worth it. Are we rich? No! As a matter of fact we have sunk our savings into this place. Are we happy? Yes! Are we overworked? Yes, most of the time!!
    Owning a campground for us is a lifestyle. We are not huge, only 40 sites. We could squeeze in 40 more if we wanted to, but that would take away from the beauty of this place. Large treed sites and privacy. I would also like to mention that yes, campgrounds have alot of costs, especially when you want to keep improving. We provide WIFI for free, but yes we charge for our firewood. There is alot of work involved in retrieving the wood, cutting and splitting it. we are rural, so we are also responsible for our own water and sewer. Our taxes more then doubled last year, because of the jump in the market. To attract guests, you also need to advertise, next to landscaping, our second highest cost is advertising. Not just magazines, but you have to pay for your signs on the Hwy. Then comes insurance. For alot of these expenses, we pay the same price a 240 site campground would pay. We are also always available from 6:30 am until 11:00 pm, Monday-Monday that is if now one kicks us out of bed because of late arrivals. Hey-thats part of the job I guess. We do our best to make our guests stay worthwhile and make them feel welcome. What the heck! They are on holiday! People are happy when they are on holiday! We enjoy what we do (yet) :rolleyes: but it is true, you never know for sure until you have walked in someone else's shoes. We are Park owners that truly enjoy and appreciate our guests, 99% of our guests also appreciate us-and we thank them all. We couldn't do this without them!
    May 2009 bring joy and happiness to everyone. Seize the moment, enjoy today!