Decent Campgrounds in Denver, CO area??

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Vicki K, Jul 7, 2016.

1. GA-RVers

GA-RVers
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Garden of the Gods RV Park in Colorado Springs and have to say it is a terrific park and the dinners they have are great, especially the BBQ Dinner. It is no that far from Denver and if you are exploring Colorado, then Colorado Springs is the best place to stay, sure beats Denver, way too much traffic there and the drivers in Denver must be mentally challenged, you have to keep alert because the cut you off so bad and apparently Denver has no State Troopers patrolling the roads because it is a race track in Denver mixed with a demolition derby, Los Angeles was a pleasant drive compared to Denver! We stayed at Garden of the Gods for a week and then moved to the KOA just south of Colorado Springs and we were visiting all areas in and around Colorado Springs and Denver but we won't go back to Denver because we don't have a death wish............

2. John_D

John_D
    Expand Collapse

Probably the best RV spot in the whole state is Mountaindale RV Park about 15 miles west of Colorado Springs on Hwy 115.

Most of their sites have lots of trees and are very shady . . . the water is good and the facilities are very nice, and they have cable TV in most sites!

Plus, lots of wildlife roaming through . . .

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

That is great to hear as I would like to stay there again when next in the area and the one thing I didn't like was not knowing if I could get in or not.

4. PanAmPatti

PanAmPatti
    Expand Collapse

We also stayed at the Prospect Rv Park Wheat Ridge Co. A pretty fast route to downtown Denver. In Oct 2014 it was $37 a night for our 3 amp trailer. The state park noted above sounds really nice even a bit further from the city. We were always gone from the camp during the day so the ambiance of the park, in this case, wasn't too important. We like to be close to the city when we are doing city touring.

5. HollyLouise

HollyLouise
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely, try Cherry Creek State Park! We've stayed there several times and will be there in a month again. We've found nothing that close to Denver and our nearby friends that has anywhere near the amenities or beauty. I'd say we get what we pay for and you will too.

6. fanrgs

fanrgs
    Expand Collapse

No one has mentioned the Bear Creek Lake Park campground. It is located near Morrison at the confluence of Bear Creek and Turkey Creek, but is a city park of Lakewood, Denver's SW suburb. Conveniently located near the interchange of U.S. 285 (Hampden Ave) and C-470 and 7 miles south of I-70, it is about 13 miles from downtown Denver and 15 miles from downtown Evergreen.

The campground has electric-only sites, with water and a dump on-site. The current price is $25/night and reservations can be made at http://www.lakewood.org/Camping/.