Do You Follow "all" The Campgrounds Rules?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by moqui51, Jun 26, 2009.

1. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I have been a camper and a manager. We always tried to follow the rules wherever we were but I'm sure we slipped up a few times.

Now, as a manager, I get to deal with the rule breakers. People seem to think most rules apply to everyone but them. I have stopped many a car that was coming through going over the speed limit. One man was obviously going at least 10 mph over and swore that he was doing less than the limit.

We just had a problem with a man spitting his tobacco juice onto the concrete around the pool and then splashing water on it to "rinse it off". When confronted, he said that no one told him not to do it. This man was totally lacking in class and common sense if he thought that was acceptable. He was always spitting on the ground where people walked and commented that people shouldn't be walking barefooted anyway. He also saw no reason to keep his puppy on a leash in their campsite. The puppy wandered off just like a toddler would and I found it once 2 campsites over.

Some rules don't really seem to have any effect on others but are there for a reason. If everyone broke a rule just think how chaotic campgrounds would be. I hate being the bad guy but if I don't make you follow the rules then I, as manager, am breaking the rules set for me to follow. When you expect a manager to allow you to break the rules just remember that you are being unfair to other campers and expecting the manager to put their job in jeopardy.

2. BearII

BearII
    Expand Collapse

Have to admit that I'm much more with Picea Mariana and Meatwagon than some of the other commenters. We have found that a CG with a long list of rules is usually enjoyed by people who show up in their rig, plug in their hookups and then go inside to watch TV all night.

We like to meet other folks, share a beer, martini or glass of wine and a campfire and tell stories as the stars come out. As full timers we look for the friendly places that understand folks need to unwind and make new friends. If someone has to tell you to pick up after your dog I really don't want to share the same campground with you. And if the CG owner/mgr doesn't have enough guts to call out someone without a mile long list, well, I'm moving on...

And yep, I've pee'd outside behind the rig under a starry sky or two! :D

3. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bearii @ Sep 14 2009, 09:14 PM) [snapback]18936[/snapback]

Have to admit that I'm much more with Picea Mariana and Meatwagon than some of the other commenters. We have found that a CG with a long list of rules is usually enjoyed by people who show up in their rig, plug in their hookups and then go inside to watch TV all night.

We like to meet other folks, share a beer, martini or glass of wine and a campfire and tell stories as the stars come out. As full timers we look for the friendly places that understand folks need to unwind and make new friends. If someone has to tell you to pick up after your dog I really don't want to share the same campground with you. And if the CG owner/mgr doesn't have enough guts to call out someone without a mile long list, well, I'm moving on...

And yep, I've pee'd outside behind the rig under a starry sky or two! :D

And when need to get down on your hands and knees to check on something under your rig or get something iout of your bays remember the other guys peed too. :p

4. BearII

BearII
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Sep 14 2009, 09:35 PM) [snapback]18939[/snapback]

And when need to get down on your hands and knees to check on something under your rig or get something iout of your bays remember the other guys peed too. :p

:lol: As an ole farm boy I've kneeled in far worse! :blink: