Do Your Research

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Jerry S, Jun 4, 2012.

1. busyteach

busyteach
    Expand Collapse

Ah oh, I do admit sometimes I ask about things to see from folks that have been there :(. Lazy on my part maybe, but I also like to hear other's opinions, especially those that might live in a state. You ask me about Kentucky, I'll tell you what I think are neat places to go out of the many you might find in a search. Please excuse the next time I ask this question haha. No offense taken, none meant.

Paul & Debbie
    2011 Winnebago Via

2. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 4 2012, 09:08 PM) [snapback]29641[/snapback]

It was a fairly long review for Happy Jack Lodge and RV Park in Happy Jack, AZ and gave the park a rating of 1. The first half of the review described the park and said nothing negative. Then they went on to say that the park out in the middle of nowhere and it was 20 miles from anything (stores, restuarants, etc.). They were bored because there was nothing to do in the park. How do you go to a park and not know it is 20 miles from the nearest town? I can understand people being misled by park websites and being disappointed in the facilities and amenities, but this is ludicrous.

I laughed reading that review. As you say, the first half sounds like it is leading up to a 9 or 10 rating... then they give it a 1, basically only because they are far away from everything! Which is something a lot of campers are actually looking for.

Oh well, see you on the road.

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Just saw one where they were complaining that the lady on the phone didn't tell them that dogs weren't allowed on the beach, nor in beach front sites. A quick check of their website says "Sorry, no pets are allowed on the Beach Front Sites as pets are not allowed on the beach."